Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Thoughts on colosseum?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 2:37:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

I have heard many things about the game, both good and bad, but it
hasn't yet come out yet in the UK and I was wondering if it will be
worth getting. I wanted to know some people's thoughts on the game, and
playability for someone with a Sapphire cart with a squad nearing level
100, and a fan of the games sinse RBY(G). (IE - Me)

More about : thoughts colosseum

Anonymous
April 13, 2004 2:37:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"luneric" <luneric@dontrit> wrote in message news:407afca8$1_1@127.0.0.1...
> I have heard many things about the game, both good and bad, but it
> hasn't yet come out yet in the UK and I was wondering if it will be
> worth getting. I wanted to know some people's thoughts on the game, and
> playability for someone with a Sapphire cart with a squad nearing level
> 100, and a fan of the games sinse RBY(G). (IE - Me)

I barely started story mode and it's OK but not as good as Ruby/Saphire. I
think you might find the battle mode too easy for a squad nearing 100 or at
least I do with a squad ranging from 43 to 70 on the 100 VS colosseum
battles - all my opponents are at level 70 and I have finished the first 50
battles with no faints on my side til battle 39 and only a couple since...I
have not lost even 1 battle. There are other battle modes that I haven't
tried that may be more competitive.
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 2:37:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

luneric wrote:

> I have heard many things about the game, both good and bad, but it
> hasn't yet come out yet in the UK and I was wondering if it will be
> worth getting. I wanted to know some people's thoughts on the game, and
> playability for someone with a Sapphire cart with a squad nearing level
> 100, and a fan of the games sinse RBY(G). (IE - Me)

Story mode's not bad, but the GBA games have more to them. You also
can't store nearly as many Pokemon. I don't know anyone else in my area
who plays Pokemon, so I haven't really been able to get into multiplayer
mode.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
Webcomic: http://desperadocoyote.keenspace.com

My Adventure Quest character:
http://www.battleon.com/aq-chardetail.asp?temp=131213
You can play Adventure Quest at http://www.battleon.com

Q: Do you know if your daughter has ever been involved in voodoo or the
occult?
A: We both do.
Q: Voodoo?
A: We do.
Q: You do?
A: Yes, voodoo.
-- Actual court testimony
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 7:29:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

In article <c5f6m7$1096u$1@ID-151984.news.uni-berlin.de>,
Chet Weaver - YOUR HEAD A SPLODE! <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote:
>luneric wrote:
>
>> I have heard many things about the game, both good and bad, but it
>> hasn't yet come out yet in the UK and I was wondering if it will be
>> worth getting. I wanted to know some people's thoughts on the game, and
>> playability for someone with a Sapphire cart with a squad nearing level
>> 100, and a fan of the games sinse RBY(G). (IE - Me)
>
I like it so far.

>Story mode's not bad, but the GBA games have more to them.

Thing is, Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/Silver/Gold/Crystal/Ruby/Sapphire
have essentially the same structure to the story, just different
maps and puzzles and such. Story mode at least has a different
structure, so I like it for that.

Here in the US, I pre-ordered, so I got a different disk that gave
me Jirachi with a Ganlon berry for Sapphire and Ruby (other people
report getting Salacs also). Also, you can get Pokemon in Colliseum
that you can't get in Ruby and Sapphire.

I'm not saying it's worth buying a Gamecube for, but I don't regret
the money I spent on the game itself.

--
David H. Thornley | If you want my opinion, ask.
david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.
http://www.thornley.net/~thornley/david/ | O-
!