Thoughts on colosseum?

I have heard many things about the game, both good and bad, but it
hasn't yet come out yet in the UK and I was wondering if it will be
worth getting. I wanted to know some people's thoughts on the game, and
playability for someone with a Sapphire cart with a squad nearing level
100, and a fan of the games sinse RBY(G). (IE - Me)
3 answers Last reply
More about thoughts colosseum

    "luneric" <luneric@dontrit> wrote in message news:407afca8$1_1@127.0.0.1...
    > I have heard many things about the game, both good and bad, but it
    > hasn't yet come out yet in the UK and I was wondering if it will be
    > worth getting. I wanted to know some people's thoughts on the game, and
    > playability for someone with a Sapphire cart with a squad nearing level
    > 100, and a fan of the games sinse RBY(G). (IE - Me)

    I barely started story mode and it's OK but not as good as Ruby/Saphire. I
    think you might find the battle mode too easy for a squad nearing 100 or at
    least I do with a squad ranging from 43 to 70 on the 100 VS colosseum
    battles - all my opponents are at level 70 and I have finished the first 50
    battles with no faints on my side til battle 39 and only a couple since...I
    have not lost even 1 battle. There are other battle modes that I haven't
    tried that may be more competitive.

    luneric wrote:

    > I have heard many things about the game, both good and bad, but it
    > hasn't yet come out yet in the UK and I was wondering if it will be
    > worth getting. I wanted to know some people's thoughts on the game, and
    > playability for someone with a Sapphire cart with a squad nearing level
    > 100, and a fan of the games sinse RBY(G). (IE - Me)

    Story mode's not bad, but the GBA games have more to them. You also
    can't store nearly as many Pokemon. I don't know anyone else in my area
    who plays Pokemon, so I haven't really been able to get into multiplayer
    mode.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531

    My Adventure Quest character:

    Q: Do you know if your daughter has ever been involved in voodoo or the
    occult?
    A: We both do.
    Q: Voodoo?
    A: We do.
    Q: You do?
    A: Yes, voodoo.
    -- Actual court testimony

    In article <c5f6m7$1096u$1@ID-151984.news.uni-berlin.de>,
    Chet Weaver - YOUR HEAD A SPLODE! <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote:
    >luneric wrote:
    >
    >> I have heard many things about the game, both good and bad, but it
    >> hasn't yet come out yet in the UK and I was wondering if it will be
    >> worth getting. I wanted to know some people's thoughts on the game, and
    >> playability for someone with a Sapphire cart with a squad nearing level
    >> 100, and a fan of the games sinse RBY(G). (IE - Me)

    I like it so far.

    >Story mode's not bad, but the GBA games have more to them.

    Thing is, Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/Silver/Gold/Crystal/Ruby/Sapphire
    have essentially the same structure to the story, just different
    maps and puzzles and such. Story mode at least has a different
    structure, so I like it for that.

    Here in the US, I pre-ordered, so I got a different disk that gave
    me Jirachi with a Ganlon berry for Sapphire and Ruby (other people
    report getting Salacs also). Also, you can get Pokemon in Colliseum
    that you can't get in Ruby and Sapphire.

    I'm not saying it's worth buying a Gamecube for, but I don't regret
    the money I spent on the game itself.

    david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.

Internet Explorer Games Nintendo Video Games