867-5309 Contrast and Compare

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
It is to show the contrasting views on this issue.

Is it just me or has there been a recent explosion of threads whose only purpose is to prove the idiocy of the newby OP? And considering it's Capt. Threadjacker himself writing this, that's really saying something.

I'm so glad that it was definitively determined that there was no direct concerted effort by a manufacturer-specific competing forum. :roll:

dhoytwagner

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
Idiocy, yes maybe. You are only showing your idiocy by calling me a n00b, just so you understand that April comes before Dec. I hope you understood that, cause i joined in April of 2006 and you joined in December, yet you call me a n00b....LMFAO.

Peace Out.

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
Idiocy, yes maybe. You are only showing your idiocy by calling me a n00b, just so you understand that April comes before Dec. I hope you understood that, cause i joined in April of 2006 and you joined in December, yet you call me a n00b....LMFAO.

Peace Out.

Did someone get the license plate off that speeding truck? :?

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006

Peace Out.

noob not equal to newbie

Newb(often spelled n3wb in many text based games) and noob(often spelled n00b in text based games) may have somewhat different connotations. Newbs are simply newcomers—noob and n00b, on the other hand, generally mean someone who is obnoxious, annoying, or breaks the rules or cannot play effectively; whether they are actual newcomers or not is mostly irrelevant. Therefore, a noob may be someone who has been around for a long time but still engages in behavior that he or she should have learned is unacceptable. Noobs are generally confident in what they are doing, but in reality are annoying others. "Newb" is not necessarily an insulting word, but "noob" usually is. If someone makes an unintelligent comment on a forum or asks a question that even other newbies could answer then it is said that they are making a "noobish" comment or asking a "noobish" question. However, due to the evolution of language, the term noob or 'n00b' is now used both ways and newb is used only infrequently.

So STFU n00b

Source: Wikipedia

heartview

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
I believe the answer you seek is buried so deep that not even the Captain could navigate his way to it. My suggestion is to find a rhino willing to ride the back of a dolphin for a span of at least 3000 nautical miles or until it grows a beard and learns to train sheep to eat alligators.

Remember, this is only a test.

Peace Out.

You are a n00b for sure, and I mean n00b not newb.

Another pointless thread only serving one purpose => +1 post for me and building the OP's almost non-existent post count.

btw, there are better ways to get 100 posts so you can have an avatar...n00b... :lol: :lol: