Unintended Drive Sharing

when i log onto my computer as an administrator my c drive
shows as shared C$ (administrative share) i have
repeatedly unshared this drive only to have it show as
shared after next logon. How can I stop this?

w2k professional with cable modem
1 answer Last reply
More about unintended drive sharing

    That is the default administrative share. If you do not need to share
    folders for anyone you can uninstall file and print sharing. A firewall will
    also block internet access to your computer if it is configured properly.
    ALWAYS use a complex password for your administrator account whether you
    have shares or not. Many worms try to attack the built in administrator
    account with a list of commonly used or blank passwords. See the link below
    on how to modify the registry to remove the administrator shares. --- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314984&sd=tech --
    method two makes change persistent.

    "georgia trouble" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when i log onto my computer as an administrator my c drive
    > shows as shared C$ (administrative share) i have
    > repeatedly unshared this drive only to have it show as
    > shared after next logon. How can I stop this?
    >
    > w2k professional with cable modem

Microsoft Windows