Unintended Drive Sharing

when i log onto my computer as an administrator my c drive
shows as shared C$ (administrative share) i have
repeatedly unshared this drive only to have it show as
shared after next logon. How can I stop this?

w2k professional with cable modem

That is the default administrative share. If you do not need to share
folders for anyone you can uninstall file and print sharing. A firewall will
also block internet access to your computer if it is configured properly.
ALWAYS use a complex password for your administrator account whether you
have shares or not. Many worms try to attack the built in administrator
account with a list of commonly used or blank passwords. See the link below
on how to modify the registry to remove the administrator shares. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314984&sd=tech --
method two makes change persistent.