UNSECURED PC AFTER INSTALLING ALL CRITICAL AND RELEVANT SE..

cool

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004

Hi!
I have installed all microsoft critical updates apart for
that for outlook express which i hardly ever use.
But when i test my computer severally through the test on
http://www.inklineglobal.com/adsales/webattack/sb_offer_spy
checker.html?mcp=DE
it still tells me my system is not protected though i use
norton antivirue, a hardware fire shield, stinger
antivirus and Ad aware se personal.
Can microsoft not provide these patches and critical
updates?
Thanks!
Cool

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

what do they say you aren't protected against?? could it be something that
they want to sell you a fix for???

"cool" <coolaction4u@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I have installed all microsoft critical updates apart for
> that for outlook express which i hardly ever use.
> But when i test my computer severally through the test on
> http://www.inklineglobal.com/adsales/webattack/sb_offer_spy
> checker.html?mcp=DE
> it still tells me my system is not protected though i use
> norton antivirue, a hardware fire shield, stinger
> antivirus and Ad aware se personal.
> Can microsoft not provide these patches and critical
> updates?
> Thanks!
> Cool

cool

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004

Dave,
they said a file or programme could authomatically be
deposited in my system by browsing certain sites.
They said my javascript was running and they first said my
pc hardware could be hijacked. They proved so by opening
my cd rom remotely!
why dont you check out the site and do the test. It is run
by Mcafee!
Regards

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

looks pretty dumb to me. they are not mcafee, their page says they are a
mcafee 'special partner' whatever that may be. they advertise mcafee stuff,
but any reseller could do that. their 'test' is nothing but some old
javascript, it doesn't seem to really test anything but having javascript
and cookies enabled... both of which you can turn off with ie settings. the
'trick' of opening the cd-rom is just javascript calling windows media
player functions, nothing special there. and they are giving away some kind
of internet radio software, anyone scanned that for spyware and hijackers???