User can share a directory but unable to install software.

I am installing Windows 2000 professional in a network. I have kept
administrator password undisclosed, installed software on the PC, and added
domain user as an user of the 2000 professional workstation.

This helps us controlling that user can not install any software. But they
are unable to share folders also for that machine. If I made the network user
power user then the user can install software also.

I want to control the user so that user can share directory he creates but
cannot install any software.

Please help.

If they need to create shares then they need to be at least power users,
there is no workaround to allow regular users to create shares. Windows 2000
does not offer much in the way of restricting power users from installing
software other than the settings for disallowed or only allowed Windows
applications in Group Policy under user configuration/administrative
templates/system. Adding setup.exe and install.exe may help. Windows XP Pro
has a much more effective solution with Software Restriction Policies. ---
Steve