Denial of Download of Office 2000

When I try to download Office 2000 disk I get a box titled
Windows Installer

The System administrator has set policies to prevent this
installation.

The computer is a home laptop and I've loaded this
software previously. Am attempting to download but
received the above message. Is there a way to change the
policy indicated above and if so where and how?

THanks

First make sure you are logged on as a local administrator. The command "
net localgroup administrators " will display members of the local
administrators group and you need to be logged on as one. If you are then
check your Local Group Policy for restriction. Use gpedit.msc and for BOTH
computer and user configuration go to administrative templates/Windows
components/Windows Installer and see if any settings are enables that may be
restricting your access. If they are all undefined try setting always
install with elevated privileges to enabled for both computer and user and
for computer configuration set disable Windows Installer to disable. Then
see if that makes a difference. Note that enabling always install with
elevated privileges will allow regular user accounts to install .msi
packages like Office if that is a concern. Also check Event Viewer
application and system logs to see if any helpful information is logged
there as to what the problem is. --- Steve