Sign in with
Your question

Mobo for Core Duo E6300 with 2 (Two) IDE drives

Last response: in Overclocking
February 14, 2007 2:39:12 PM

is there any Motherboard support Core Duo (E6300) with 2 (two) IDE drives, and of course with SATA II

because i want upgrade my PC, but have still my old HDD with IDE cable there's two of them one is 80 GB and 40 GB, and also i have DVD-RW and DVD-ROM

what i mean is , is there possible with mobo core duo support( i have check that there s only 1 IDE slot for all mobo core duo support 945 and 965 chipset) to connect all my four IDE drives , 2 HDD, and 2 DVD-RoM

i dont want use HDD IDE converter to USB for my HDD, i want to direct connet to the mobo

is there any solution for this ??

Pleaseeeee Help
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
February 14, 2007 10:38:17 PM

Here's a list of mobo's based on the 975x chipset that will support 4 IDE drives:

Click here for list

Be aware that the 975x chipset will only recognized 2 IDE drives. The other 2 IDE drives will be controlled by a seperate JMircon chip. Therefore when you go into the BIOS you will only see 2 IDE drives. The other 2 IDE drives will be recognized by the JMicron controller after the BIOS has loaded and before Windows begin to load.
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
February 14, 2007 10:46:47 PM

There's also motherboards based on the nVidia 5xx chipset that also support 4 IDE drives:

Click for list
Related resources
February 16, 2007 7:02:44 AM

abit's IB9 965 based mobo uses an ITE brand IDE controller with 2 channels (4 devices)
February 16, 2007 8:24:32 AM

Easy answer would be to go with a 650i sli board. It has 2 native IDE channels as well as SATAII. Asus has theirs but MSI just started shipping their P6N SLI-FI board. I'd favor the MSI over the Asus if only because they've got cooling on both the north and southbridge and have a better feature set on the board layout (3pci slots, firewire). Hey if you've got $175 to spend you could go for a MSI P6N SLI Platinum and get even better cooling and e-sata. I'm stuck with the $125 range boards :oops: 
!