Starting new game - question...

If you start a new game does it wipe the one you have or can the
Ruby/Saphire cartridge hold 2 games?
6 answers Last reply
More about starting game question

    Raph wrote:

    > If you start a new game does it wipe the one you have or can the
    > Ruby/Saphire cartridge hold 2 games?

    *Starting* a new game won't erase your saved game, but when you save the
    new game, you'll lose any other save. In short, the game only holds one
    save file.

    Ouch - so if I want to try and get the other fossil without killing my
    current game...I need another cartridge cuz you have to save when you
    trade - or to find someone with a female. Since I don't know anyone besides
    my hubby and myself that even own a GBA, let alone a copy of Poke
    Ruby/Saphire - guess I'm just not goning to get one.

    "John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Raph wrote:
    >
    > > If you start a new game does it wipe the one you have or can the
    > > Ruby/Saphire cartridge hold 2 games?
    >
    > *Starting* a new game won't erase your saved game, but when you save the
    > new game, you'll lose any other save. In short, the game only holds one
    > save file.

    Yeah, when you only have one copy and no one else who plays it (like
    me), you are sort of short-changed on getting the ones from the other
    game. I wish we could trasfer them online somehow. :)

    > Yeah, when you only have one copy and no one else who plays it (like
    > me), you are sort of short-changed on getting the ones from the other
    > game. I wish we could trasfer them online somehow. :)
    >
    > Raph wrote:
    >

    > > Ouch - so if I want to try and get the other fossil without killing my
    > > current game...I need another cartridge cuz you have to save when you
    > > trade - or to find someone with a female. Since I don't know anyone
    besides
    > > my hubby and myself that even own a GBA, let alone a copy of Poke
    > > Ruby/Saphire - guess I'm just not goning to get one.

    Try renting another cartridge from a video store like Blockbuster,
    especially if you have the two GBA in the house (that is the hard part for
    me). I rented Red all those years ago just so I could have the Red only
    pokes. And I still don't have Red. But I have all the pokes in RBY in my
    Blue and Yellow; I also have all the pokes in GSC, but I own all three of
    those.

    daramark

    "daramark" <mark.bull@CANsympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > "John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Yeah, when you only have one copy and no one else who plays it (like
    > > me), you are sort of short-changed on getting the ones from the other
    > > game. I wish we could trasfer them online somehow. :)
    > >
    > > Raph wrote:
    > >

    > > > Ouch - so if I want to try and get the other fossil without killing my
    > > > current game...I need another cartridge cuz you have to save when you
    > > > trade - or to find someone with a female. Since I don't know anyone
    > besides
    > > > my hubby and myself that even own a GBA, let alone a copy of Poke
    > > > Ruby/Saphire - guess I'm just not goning to get one.
    >

    > Try renting another cartridge from a video store like Blockbuster,
    > especially if you have the two GBA in the house (that is the hard part for
    > me). I rented Red all those years ago just so I could have the Red only
    > pokes. And I still don't have Red. But I have all the pokes in RBY in my
    > Blue and Yellow; I also have all the pokes in GSC, but I own all three of
    > those.

    Hey! I was going to say that. :P
    I'm probably going to rent one for a while anyway, even though I already
    have both Ruby and Sapphire. Get more of the one time use TMs and stones and
    such-like stuff.

    "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    SNIP
    > > Try renting another cartridge from a video store like Blockbuster,
    > > especially if you have the two GBA in the house (that is the hard part
    for
    > > me). I rented Red all those years ago just so I could have the Red only
    > > pokes. And I still don't have Red. But I have all the pokes in RBY in
    my
    > > Blue and Yellow; I also have all the pokes in GSC, but I own all three
    of
    > > those.
    >
    > Hey! I was going to say that. :P
    > I'm probably going to rent one for a while anyway, even though I already
    > have both Ruby and Sapphire. Get more of the one time use TMs and stones
    and
    > such-like stuff.

    I was going to try to get the female starters when I got Ruby, but I started
    to play and then.... well, I am not going to start it again, I don't think.
    I need to borrow another GBA and cables so I can trade, then I will probably
    rent another cart too. lol

    daramark

Games Ruby Nintendo Video Games