Starting new game - question...

Last response: in Video Games
April 15, 2004 8:33:06 PM

If you start a new game does it wipe the one you have or can the
Ruby/Saphire cartridge hold 2 games?

More about : starting game question

Anonymous
April 15, 2004 8:33:07 PM

Raph wrote:

> If you start a new game does it wipe the one you have or can the
> Ruby/Saphire cartridge hold 2 games?

*Starting* a new game won't erase your saved game, but when you save the
new game, you'll lose any other save. In short, the game only holds one
save file.
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 9:23:05 PM

Ouch - so if I want to try and get the other fossil without killing my
current game...I need another cartridge cuz you have to save when you
trade - or to find someone with a female. Since I don't know anyone besides
my hubby and myself that even own a GBA, let alone a copy of Poke
Ruby/Saphire - guess I'm just not goning to get one.

"John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Raph wrote:
>
> > If you start a new game does it wipe the one you have or can the
> > Ruby/Saphire cartridge hold 2 games?
>
> *Starting* a new game won't erase your saved game, but when you save the
> new game, you'll lose any other save. In short, the game only holds one
> save file.
April 15, 2004 9:23:06 PM

Yeah, when you only have one copy and no one else who plays it (like
me), you are sort of short-changed on getting the ones from the other
game. I wish we could trasfer them online somehow. :)

Raph wrote:

> Ouch - so if I want to try and get the other fossil without killing my
> current game...I need another cartridge cuz you have to save when you
> trade - or to find someone with a female. Since I don't know anyone besides
> my hubby and myself that even own a GBA, let alone a copy of Poke
> Ruby/Saphire - guess I'm just not goning to get one.
>

> "John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Raph wrote:
>>

>>>If you start a new game does it wipe the one you have or can the
>>>Ruby/Saphire cartridge hold 2 games?
>>
>>*Starting* a new game won't erase your saved game, but when you save the
>>new game, you'll lose any other save. In short, the game only holds one
>>save file.

Anonymous
April 16, 2004 4:28:55 AM

> Yeah, when you only have one copy and no one else who plays it (like
> me), you are sort of short-changed on getting the ones from the other
> game. I wish we could trasfer them online somehow. :)
>
> Raph wrote:
>

> > Ouch - so if I want to try and get the other fossil without killing my
> > current game...I need another cartridge cuz you have to save when you
> > trade - or to find someone with a female. Since I don't know anyone
besides
> > my hubby and myself that even own a GBA, let alone a copy of Poke
> > Ruby/Saphire - guess I'm just not goning to get one.

Try renting another cartridge from a video store like Blockbuster,
especially if you have the two GBA in the house (that is the hard part for
me). I rented Red all those years ago just so I could have the Red only
pokes. And I still don't have Red. But I have all the pokes in RBY in my
Blue and Yellow; I also have all the pokes in GSC, but I own all three of
those.

daramark
Anonymous
April 17, 2004 9:32:32 AM

"daramark" <mark.bull@CANsympatico.ca> wrote in message
> "John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Yeah, when you only have one copy and no one else who plays it (like
> > me), you are sort of short-changed on getting the ones from the other
> > game. I wish we could trasfer them online somehow. :)
> >
> > Raph wrote:
> >

> > > Ouch - so if I want to try and get the other fossil without killing my
> > > current game...I need another cartridge cuz you have to save when you
> > > trade - or to find someone with a female. Since I don't know anyone
> besides
> > > my hubby and myself that even own a GBA, let alone a copy of Poke
> > > Ruby/Saphire - guess I'm just not goning to get one.
>

> Try renting another cartridge from a video store like Blockbuster,
> especially if you have the two GBA in the house (that is the hard part for
> me). I rented Red all those years ago just so I could have the Red only
> pokes. And I still don't have Red. But I have all the pokes in RBY in my
> Blue and Yellow; I also have all the pokes in GSC, but I own all three of
> those.

Hey! I was going to say that. :p
I'm probably going to rent one for a while anyway, even though I already
have both Ruby and Sapphire. Get more of the one time use TMs and stones and
such-like stuff.
Anonymous
April 17, 2004 10:28:26 PM

"Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@earthlink.net> wrote in message
SNIP
> > Try renting another cartridge from a video store like Blockbuster,
> > especially if you have the two GBA in the house (that is the hard part
for
> > me). I rented Red all those years ago just so I could have the Red only
> > pokes. And I still don't have Red. But I have all the pokes in RBY in
my
> > Blue and Yellow; I also have all the pokes in GSC, but I own all three
of
> > those.
>
> Hey! I was going to say that. :p
> I'm probably going to rent one for a while anyway, even though I already
> have both Ruby and Sapphire. Get more of the one time use TMs and stones
and
> such-like stuff.

I was going to try to get the female starters when I got Ruby, but I started
to play and then.... well, I am not going to start it again, I don't think.
I need to borrow another GBA and cables so I can trade, then I will probably
rent another cart too. lol

daramark
!