Sign in with
Your question

Pentium D 805 build. Part Deux..

Last response: in Systems
February 14, 2007 4:00:49 PM

Alright, I got it all together last night and ran ORTHOS for a couple hours. All went well, so I set the FSB to 166 and restarted. Success boot into Vista at 3332mhz. Ran Orthos and Prime 95 together for a few more hours this morning and no issues.. Loaded a couple games and the Vista drivers for the Video card and on-board audio and off I go. Looks and sounds very good. All for under $1000. Now all I need is a new monitor to match and I will be set for 2007.

I wanted to thank all who post and answer questions for all of us that need the advice. I would not have made the choices I did without advice from several of you.

PS Any suggestions for a $250ish 19" LCD?
February 14, 2007 8:34:09 PM

I have 2 Samsung SyncMaster 940s and really like them. Had to send a 740 back and Samsung sent the replacement to the closest UPS store, took the old one in and just swapped them. Took about 4 days. Sending monitors back if anything goes wrong is expensive but this was no cost.
Related resources
February 14, 2007 11:41:10 PM

If you can handle Widescreen, this Samsung 204BW has won the Newegg award for LCDs AND has Vista support.

Exactly in your budget - 249.99.
!