server management URGENT!!!!

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
October 5, 2004 9:41:01 AM

The company has been growing rapidly and the management has decided to
upgrade the peer-to-peer network to a Windows 2000 domain based network. HR
has given you a list of users and their information, such as department, full
name, etc. in a text file. This text file will be used to import into AD
(active directory) rather than create the information manually into AD. The
file name is userinfo.txt.

The departments are Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Help Desk, HR and
Sales. Each department has at least 5 people in it. Each department will have
their own OU.

there will be a lot of users needed password changes or their accounts
unlocked. you will delegate the task of resetting of users password to each
respective department manager. Since the AD Users and Computer utility might
be confusing to the managers, create a customised taskpad for the managers
and put it in their home folder so that it is easy for them to use. The
taskpad must be able to run on each managers machine which has Windows 2000
professional but no other end user.

The infrastructure consists of necessary server and client machines
appropriate for a company of 100+ people, absolute minimum 2 server and 2
client machines. Consult with your lab instructor for clarification. Your
company network should have DNS and Active Directory installed. All clients
will have Windows 2000 Professional. All servers will have Windows 2000
Advanced Server.
October 5, 2004 1:18:04 PM

you want help with your homework?? try the ta!

"wolfgang" <wolfgang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The company has been growing rapidly and the management has decided to
> upgrade the peer-to-peer network to a Windows 2000 domain based network.
HR
> has given you a list of users and their information, such as department,
full
> name, etc. in a text file. This text file will be used to import into AD
> (active directory) rather than create the information manually into AD.
The
> file name is userinfo.txt.
>
> The departments are Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Help Desk, HR and
> Sales. Each department has at least 5 people in it. Each department will
have
> their own OU.
>
> there will be a lot of users needed password changes or their accounts
> unlocked. you will delegate the task of resetting of users password to
each
> respective department manager. Since the AD Users and Computer utility
might
> be confusing to the managers, create a customised taskpad for the
managers
> and put it in their home folder so that it is easy for them to use. The
> taskpad must be able to run on each managers machine which has Windows
2000
> professional but no other end user.
>
> The infrastructure consists of necessary server and client machines
> appropriate for a company of 100+ people, absolute minimum 2 server and 2
> client machines. Consult with your lab instructor for clarification. Your
> company network should have DNS and Active Directory installed. All
clients
> will have Windows 2000 Professional. All servers will have Windows 2000
> Advanced Server.

Anonymous
October 5, 2004 3:11:25 PM

Related resources
October 5, 2004 6:13:08 PM

the last paragraph phrase about 'consult with your lab instructor' kind of
gives it away.

"Skorpion" <skorpion@newsgroups.cetro.nil> wrote in message
Anonymous
October 5, 2004 8:06:13 PM

wolfgang wrote:

I don't see what is so urgent about this.
October 5, 2004 8:06:14 PM

he was probably late handing in his homework or prepping for a lab and
wanted someone to hand him the procedure.

"Robert Moir" <bofh@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o 8tUZzuqEHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> wolfgang wrote:
>
> I don't see what is so urgent about this.

Anonymous
October 6, 2004 7:58:05 AM

Hope you pass your exam...

Jeff

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 05:41:01 -0700, "wolfgang"

!