Security settings to shutdown COM+

dos

How do you grant a user the ability to manually
start/stop COM+ components with out giving them full
administrator rights on the computer?

I am not sure exactly how that can be one but one place to try is to use the
mmc Component Services snapin and then examine the properties of the
component where you might be able to modify security to add a user with the
permissions they need. --- Steve

"DOS" <554783@excite.com> wrote in message
> How do you grant a user the ability to manually
> start/stop COM+ components with out giving them full
> administrator rights on the computer?

I have looked at the security on the COM Components them selves ad have not
found anything that would help. The closed I found was the right to launch
the application. I se this but it did not allow the user to stop the
component. There is some reference to setting roles but I do not know how
roles are uses.

> I am not sure exactly how that can be one but one place to try is to use
the
> mmc Component Services snapin and then examine the properties of the
> component where you might be able to modify security to add a user with
the
> permissions they need. --- Steve
>

> "DOS" <554783@excite.com> wrote in message
> > How do you grant a user the ability to manually
> > start/stop COM+ components with out giving them full
> > administrator rights on the computer?

Hi,

Is this domain (Active directory environment) or not...

Mike

"DOS" <554783@excite.com> wrote in message
> How do you grant a user the ability to manually
> start/stop COM+ components with out giving them full
> administrator rights on the computer?

dos

Unfortunatly it is not.

Hi,

The only way I know how to delegate control over service to ordinary user is
using AD.

Mike

> Unfortunatly it is not.

I can't add much more as I have not had to configure such. Hopefully someone
can add some advice. --- Steve