Limiting a User's Concurrent Connections in Windows 2003

Does Windows Server 2003 limit a user's concurrent
connection?

Windows Server 2000 used cconect.exe utility.
Limiting a User's Concurrent Connections in Windows 2000
and Windows NT 4.0

Thank You,
Charles Corder
1 answer Last reply
More about limiting user concurrent connections windows 2003

    Charles Corder wrote:

    > Does Windows Server 2003 limit a user's concurrent
    > connection?
    >
    > Windows Server 2000 used cconect.exe utility.
    > This article was previously published under Q237282
    > Limiting a User's Concurrent Connections in Windows 2000
    > and Windows NT 4.0
    Hi

    Nothing builtin that can help you here I'm afraid (but I think
    Microsoft is going to release something next year that supports this).

    I would think Microsoft's cconnect solution will work fine in a
    Windows Server 2003 environment as well.

    3rd party solution:

    The UserLock product in the link below is an option
    http://www.softwareshelf.com/products/display.asp?p=42

    Here is a third option you might get to work:

    Tip 296 at http://www.jsiinc.com/

    0296 » A better way to prevent a user from logging on more than once.
    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBA/tip0200/rh0296.htm

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Security Windows 2000 Windows Server Windows Server 2003 Microsoft Windows