Limiting a User's Concurrent Connections in Windows 2003

Does Windows Server 2003 limit a user's concurrent
connection?

Windows Server 2000 used cconect.exe utility.
Limiting a User's Concurrent Connections in Windows 2000
and Windows NT 4.0

Thank You,
Charles Corder

Charles Corder wrote:

> Does Windows Server 2003 limit a user's concurrent
> connection?
>
> Windows Server 2000 used cconect.exe utility.
> This article was previously published under Q237282
> Limiting a User's Concurrent Connections in Windows 2000
> and Windows NT 4.0
Hi

Nothing builtin that can help you here I'm afraid (but I think
Microsoft is going to release something next year that supports this).

I would think Microsoft's cconnect solution will work fine in a
Windows Server 2003 environment as well.

3rd party solution:

The UserLock product in the link below is an option
http://www.softwareshelf.com/products/display.asp?p=42

Here is a third option you might get to work:

Tip 296 at http://www.jsiinc.com/

0296 » A better way to prevent a user from logging on more than once.
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBA/tip0200/rh0296.htm

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: