[PW!] Rock Blockade

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 17, 2004 7:31:23 AM

"I can't climb over those rocks," comments a middle-aged man with thinning
brown hair as he eyes the tall rocks scattered before him. The rocks block
his passage to the northern part of the mountainous path known in Hoenn as
Route 111. He rubs his own back, imagining how sore it would be in the
morning if he were to attempt scaling the debris, "Do I look like a... uh...
Do I look like whatever Pokemon is famous for climbing over rocks? I'm sure
there's at least one."

"You can do it, Marvin," insists Lynkeru, the red-haired elf standing beside
the middle-aged man.

Mamoru, the brown-haired teenage boy standing next to the elf, nods and
adds, "It's not like it's a pool of cold water full of Tentacool - it's just
a few rocks."

"Didn't people start taming Pokemon to AVOID doing such menial tasks?"
Marvin sighs, wishing he had at least one Fighting Pokemon who could smash
right through the rocks blocking his path, "Don't either of you have a
Pokemon that can break through these rocks so we don't have to climb over
them?"

Mamoru shakes his head, "I only have an Umbreon, a Wigglytuff, a Lapras, a
Ditto, and a Staryu. I don't think any of them could break the rocks."

"And I just have one shiny Unown." Lynkeru points out, pulling out the
Pokeball containing her sole Pokemon, "What can one shiny Unown do?"

~Listen!~ Indi the fairy chirps in her supersonic voice, catching Lynkeru's
attention, ~Shiny Unown Ehm can Make amazing inventions out of almost
anything. Maybe Shiny Unown Ehm can make something that can help Marvin get
past these rocks!~

Befuddled by Indi's vast knowledge of the world she's in, Lynkeru asks, "HOW
do you know all that?"

The fairy's response is simply, ~I just do, okay?~

"Fine - DON'T tell me."

Not able to hear Indi, Marvin casts a worried glance towards Lynkeru,
thinking that the girl hears voices in her head and hoping that none of
those voices tell her to kill him with her twin sabres. The middle-aged man
cautiously queries, "Uhh... I won't tell you anything you don't want me to,
Lynkeru. I just want to get to the other side of these rocks without
climbing over them. Have any of the voi- er, I mean... Have you come up with
a plan?"

-Marvin

More about : rock blockade

Anonymous
April 17, 2004 7:31:24 AM

Rob wrote:

> Befuddled by Indi's vast knowledge of the world she's in, Lynkeru asks, "HOW
> do you know all that?"
>
> The fairy's response is simply, ~I just do, okay?~
>
> "Fine - DON'T tell me."
>
> Not able to hear Indi, Marvin casts a worried glance towards Lynkeru,
> thinking that the girl hears voices in her head and hoping that none of
> those voices tell her to kill him with her twin sabres. The middle-aged man
> cautiously queries, "Uhh... I won't tell you anything you don't want me to,
> Lynkeru. I just want to get to the other side of these rocks without
> climbing over them. Have any of the voi- er, I mean... Have you come up with
> a plan?"

Examining the cracks in the rocks, Lynkeru said, "If I had some bombs,
or perhaps a giant hammer, I could probably destroy these rocks."

"Can any of your Pokemon use Explosion or Self-Destruct?" Mamoru asked.

"I don't think so," Marvin replied. "But that could make for a
spectacular stunt..."

"I could probably climb this myself," Lynkeru mused.

"Then we could hand you a rope and you could pull me up!" Marvin suggested.

That hurt Lynkeru's back just thinking about it.

"Maybe we should come back when we're more prepared," she offered instead.

"Actually," Mamoru considered, "We could use my Onix to make a more
gradual slope. That way the climbing won't be so hard. What do you think?"

To be continued...?

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

April 17, 2004 10:23:47 AM

"Chet Weaver - YOUR HEAD A SPLODE!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote:

> "I could probably climb this myself," Lynkeru mused.
>
> "Then we could hand you a rope and you could pull me up!" Marvin
suggested.

> That hurt Lynkeru's back just thinking about it.
>
> "Maybe we should come back when we're more prepared," she offered instead.
>
> "Actually," Mamoru considered, "We could use my Onix to make a more
> gradual slope. That way the climbing won't be so hard. What do you
think?

"Of course! We could use your Onix!" Marvin exclaims in an excited tone, but
his tone quickly changes to that of curiosity when he points out, "...wait,
you didn't mention an Onix when you listed your Pokemon. What gives?"

Scratching the back of his head and looking downwards in embarrassment,
Mamoru reveals, "Well, you see, I kinda... I forgot I had an Onix."

"You forgot you had an ONIX?!" Marvin asks in disbelief. "I mean, I could
understand someone forgetting a Diglett, but how can you forget an Onix?"

"I... wasn't quite myself when I caught it," answers Mamoru, "and I don't
tend to let it out of its Pokeball too often. Anyway, I'm sure it'll be
happy to get some fresh air!" The brown-haired boy pulls a Pokeball out of
his pocket and throws it towards the pile of rocks before him, "Come on out,
Onix!"

An immense Rock Snake emerges in a flash of white light over the rocks that
Marvin doesn't want to scale. The Onix stretches out, very much enjoying the
rock bed beneath its body, and the tip of its tail happens to come to a rest
right in front of Marvin.

Marvin carefully places one foot on top of the Onix's tail. Before placing
his entire weight on the Pokemon, he faces Mamoru and asks, "Is it safe?"

Mamoru replies, "Onix is made of rock - it won't care if you walk on its
back."

"It's not the Onix I'm worried about," Marvin remarks, trying to suppress
images of himself being flung into the stratosphere as he places his other
foot on the Onix's tail. The chubby tuxedo-clad man holds his arms out,
hoping to maintain his balance as he ascends the boulders that compose the
Onix's shell. During his precarious balancing act across the Onix's back,
Marvin almost loses his footing twice. When he almost slips off the Onix for
a third time, the middle-aged man comments, "This is why I became a magician
instead of a trapeze artist..."

The moment he climbs off the Onix's head, Marvin heaves a huge sigh of
relief.

"What took you so long?"

Surprised to hear Lynkeru's voice, the magician turns around to see the
red-haired elf leaning casually against the northern end of the rock pile.
Marvin says, "Hey, I'm the magician of the group, not you. How'd you get
here so fast? I didn't see you climb on the Onix..."

"I didn't." Lynkeru smirks, patting the rock pile she's leaning against,
"Compared to Death Mountain, this rock pile wasn't challenging at all for
me."

It's around this time that Mamoru leaps off his Onix's head to join the rest
of the group on the northern side of the rock pile.

Marvin shakes his head at the pile of rocks that Mamoru's Onix is using as a
bed, "You'd think Hoenn's government would take better care of their roads.
Do they expect all Trainers heading from Mauville to Lavaridge Town to
figure out a way to get past these rocks? I'm proud to live in Johto, where
the only major roadblock is a Sudowoodo with a bad attitude."

-Marvin
!