Happy Valentines

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Just hoping all forum members have a nice/romantic, etc. day/night with their better-half...g/f..w/e. Although a lot of guys are afraid to admit it, a nice romantic evening with the one you love can be quite an enjoyable experience. Good chance to show them how you feel. Okay...enough gushiness.. :oops: :wink: Back to tech talk. :)

xaat_kil

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
Hope you have a fine time as well. This is the one day of the year when having just one gf would be a good idea. I don't know why every woman I sleep with figures I'm "the one" for them forever and ever. It must be nice to believe that stuff, but I'm not falling for it until one of them has a baby at which point I guess I'm going to settle down (ugh!) Valentine's day is just a damn trap to me right now, but if you believe it I'm happy for you. Maybe I'll have a change of heart (or a lobotomy) and next year I'll be Mr. Happy Valentine's Day for real. Have yourselves a fine evening-I'm going to make a nice supper for the gf who lives nearest to where I am right now-nothing says "let's screw" like seafood and good wine. :wink:

everett

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004
You have a good one also :) I'm gonna have Beef tenderloin filets wrapped in bacon ( on a carcoal grill ) with srimp. And a ice cold beer. :D

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006
i am currently checking out my new 20.1 inch sceptre lcd monitor
that my g/f got me :D

i got her a new camera but the online order didnt go through :cry:
it should have arrieved the same time the new monitor did.

i had to reorder it yesterday :x

anyway happy valintine day to all.

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
You know whats funny. I waited to ask this girl from school out till today, and we had a friggin snow day. :x

But meh asking her out on this day might have been too corny anyway. :wink:

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
You know whats funny. I waited to ask this girl from school out till today, and we had a friggin snow day. :x

But meh asking her out on this day might have been too corny anyway. :wink:
Maybe two corny to your friends, but chicks dig things like that. :wink:

maverick7

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
no gf atm but o well lol, i supose it was just a regular day for me besides the music playing in the hallways between classes lol..

*btw my friend feeling depressed and comedic at the same time came up with this acronym (sp) Sad (Singles awarness day) lol..

HotFoot

Distinguished
May 26, 2004
I asked my girlfriend what she wanted for valentines. She brought home two thick rib steaks and said "cook me dinner". Requisite dozen roses and bottle of red wine later...

Seriously, a girlfriend that brings steak and is getting me a new HTPC case for valentines. Life is good. :)

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I asked my girlfriend what she wanted for valentines. She brought home two thick rib steaks and said "cook me dinner". Requisite dozen roses and bottle of red wine later...

Seriously, a girlfriend that brings steak and is getting me a new HTPC case for valentines. Life is good. :)
Nice. :wink:

wolverinero79

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
Wow, that's exactly what my wife did (and her friend did that for her husband as well -- is this on a yahoo recommendation site or something?). She made a fantastic dinner, but also bought PRIME ribeyes ($12 a lb!) and said "go grill them". Nothing like grilling outside in February. Most excellent.

I did end up buying her a couple things though...including something from this site (big hit) - Yum

HotFoot

Distinguished
May 26, 2004
Cool idea on the edible arrangements. My girlfriend's birthday is very close to valentines, so this month is one where I have to think of a lot of things at once. I'd probably get a few smiles for one of those.

sweetpants

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2006
Valentines for me this year was rather mellow... but I enjoyed it... I feel bad because I waited 'till the last minute. But I'm lucky my mother is a florist :).

I gave her flowers and we ended up buying an all day ticket jobby on DirectTV. We stayed inside, ate pizza and watched chick-flicks :).

sweetpants

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2006
follow her

She was long gone and I have no idea where she lives. :lol:

/White Goodman

It's called the Freedom of Information Act, heh the hippies finally got something right! hehehe... just kidding... but not reallyy. :)

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
It's good to see that many guys in here appreciate their wives/gf's. You have to admit, women can be amazing. Nothing like the way they pamper you when you're sick. :p

heartview

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
kissme.jpg