Possible Virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglebowski

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
I have searched forums far and wide for the problems I am currently having.
1. My computer semi-locks up
a. It will not let me click the windows 7 start bar
b. I cannot open any programs
c. When i ctrl+alt+delete I have to hold them down to get to the page, meaning It will not let me select command prompt or anything else
d. I cannot right click or highlight
e. I cannot minimize or move windows around
2. The only way to shut down is to hold my power button or unplug.
3. When I use firefox it will open but when i click links nothing happens

I have my os on my SSD (80gb) and all my other stuff is on a HDD (1tb), and a back up external (1tb)

I have run Microsoft security essentials, it however thinks everything ok. Malwarebytes found something called spigot? I deleted that

Possible causes, Plugging my Droid X into my computer?

Please help,

biglebowski

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
In responsive meaning If a window is still open ex. iTunes it still runs. However i cannot move the window. If i minimize it it is stuck on the bar. The mouse moves around fine. CTRL+ALT+Delete is really weird. Normally you just tap those buttons to pull up the task manager page with all the lock computer etc... In this case you have to hold them down and it will not let you select any thing. I tried arrow keys as well. Let me know if i need to clarify

biglebowski

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
Ok, I know my user account is an admin (I checked) but I keep getting the message "You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility" Does this mean i need to go into safe mode?

biglebowski

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
Malwarebytes just finished and it deleted something in my programfilesx86 common files (Spigot). However what ever scan you had me do fixed any other problems because I rescanned with the sfc /scannow after that file was deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.