Active Directory and blocking games

Can anyone tell me how I can block games with Active
Directory other than using the "Don't run specified
programs" under User Config\Admin Templates\System. Any
help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason
1 answer Last reply
More about active directory blocking games

    Restricting ntfs permissions may help. It is difficult to control on W2K,
    especially if user is local administrator or power user. XP Pro has the
    Software Restriction Polices that definitely can restrict what a user can
    run and XP Pro computers can have SRP managed via Group Policy in a Windows
    2000 domain. If you have some real problem users in W2K you first want to
    make sure that users/everyone has only read/list execute permissions to the
    root/drive folder [that is recommended for all users] and then test giving
    them deny permissions for execute to their profile folder for "files only"
    in the apply onto box in special permissions where you would have to add
    their account again. You would also have to make sure that they are not the
    owner of their profile folder and have modify permissions on the main
    security page which can cause problems if not a local profile. I suspect
    that many users are running programs from their profile where by default
    they have full control permissions and may be the only place on the computer
    where they can write to. .--- Steve

    "jason k" <jkr7206@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me how I can block games with Active
    > Directory other than using the "Don't run specified
    > programs" under User Config\Admin Templates\System. Any
    > help would be much appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jason

Security Configuration Games Microsoft Active Directory Windows