windows 2000 blue screen after login

Did anyone find the solution as to why there's a blank blue screen after you
login in windows 2000 sp4? I've tried the suggestion everyone made regarding
how to fix it but it's still not working. I can't get to the desktop
period...... Just a blue screen. The only way i found to get to the desktop
is by terminating the explorer.exe from the process running and then new task
and type control. Please if anyone found out what is going on with this blue
screen problem, post it here or email me at FIRSTPLT@HOTMAIL.COM
thanks

I think that this is a trojan that is causing the blue screen. I think is
called setsvr32.exe also there's one called worm_spybot.ep. You have to first
download all the windows2000 updates, then go to the registry and do a find
for setsvr32.exe, delete all the entries. Restart the machine and then go to
the winnt/system32 folder and look for the setsvr32.exe and delete it there.
This is what the other technician at my work told, and he said that it worked
for him. I hope that this work for you guys.Good luck.

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_SPYBOT.EP

http://computercops.biz/postt67161.html

"renan" wrote:

> Did anyone find the solution as to why there's a blank blue screen after you
> login in windows 2000 sp4? I've tried the suggestion everyone made regarding
> how to fix it but it's still not working. I can't get to the desktop
> period...... Just a blue screen. The only way i found to get to the desktop
> is by terminating the explorer.exe from the process running and then new task
> and type control. Please if anyone found out what is going on with this blue
> screen problem, post it here or email me at FIRSTPLT@HOTMAIL.COM
> thanks

If you can use safe mode to logon successfully that may indicate a malware
as you suggest that is configured to startup with the computer in normal
mode. If it is lack of permissions or file corruption then safemode would
not make any difference. -- Steve