silentj

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
Does anyone here use gametap? I downloaded a seven day trial the other day and tried to play crazi taxi. I got horrible framerates. A 2.4 ghz processor is recomended for this game and my athlon 64 x2 3800 is stock at only 2.0 ghz. Does anyone know if this is my problem or would it be my geforce 6200? I don't remember what the mimimum gpu requirements were for the game but i have a felling this gpu may not be enough. I would appreciate any thoughts on the subject.

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Does anyone here use gametap? I downloaded a seven day trial the other day and tried to play crazi taxi. I got horrible framerates. A 2.4 ghz processor is recomended for this game and my athlon 64 x2 3800 is stock at only 2.0 ghz. Does anyone know if this is my problem or would it be my geforce 6200? I don't remember what the mimimum gpu requirements were for the game but i have a felling this gpu may not be enough. I would appreciate any thoughts on the subject.

It's definitely the GPU! as an X2 3800 can handle any of todays games when paired with a decent vid card.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Do you Overclock? because if you would like take a Look at the Current Geforce 6200 i have in my Specs and it's Clock's, for me it plays all the Games i have at respectable frame rates, at Full graphic details and anything else you can think of, Games I play are Battlefield 1942, NFS Underground 2, GrandTheft(all Versions) Max Payne 2 and Delta Force: Black Hawk Down. And have played Halo and Halo 2(Xbox Hacked was too Buggy so it's Deleted) and also Half Life 2 At medium Resolutions and Graphic Options, I still have yet to find any games that doesn't give me over a minimum of 25 FPS

ajfink

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
Do you Overclock? because if you would like take a Look at the Current Geforce 6200 i have in my Specs and it's Clock's, for me it plays all the Games i have at respectable frame rates, at Full graphic details and anything else you can think of, Games I play are Battlefield 1942, NFS Underground 2, GrandTheft(all Versions) Max Payne 2 and Delta Force: Black Hawk Down. And have played Halo and Halo 2 and also Half Life 2 At medium Resolutions and Graphic Options, I still have yet to find any games that doesn't give me over a minimum of 25 FPS

Played Halo 2 for PC, huh?

Good to know you work for Bungie and have access to Halo 2 PC before everyone else.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Not the Retail PC or BETA Testers Version. It's just a Xbox Emulated Hack version, Was super Buggy and colors were freeky, so it's gone for good now, until the Official PC Version comes out, I'm going to save up cash for the Gaming Capable PC I've promised to build myself for University :wink: