Registry editing disabled by Administrator

On a Windows 2000 I recently formatted my PC and started
over. When I tried to get into my registry by Start-Run-
Regedit I received a message "Registry editing has been
disabled by your administrator". The account I am using
has admin rights.

Any ideas?

This is a single system, no domain.
4 answers Last reply
More about registry editing disabled administrator

    That would be extremely odd on a brand new install. However open Local Group
    Policy via gpedit.msc and go to user configuration/administrative
    tools/system and you will see the option to disable registry editing. Set it
    to disabled to see if that helps. --- Steve

    "david" <d_hutchins@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On a Windows 2000 I recently formatted my PC and started
    > over. When I tried to get into my registry by Start-Run-
    > Regedit I received a message "Registry editing has been
    > disabled by your administrator". The account I am using
    > has admin rights.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > This is a single system, no domain.
  2. What is the point of spamming 5-year old posts?
  3. Especially to spam their own stuff. The link closely matches the username.
  4. Lack of imagination!

Windows 2000 Registry Microsoft Windows