Security for data files

Hi,

I am running a document management program called
ManageEzy. It is running on a W2K server.

I have security to run the program from the "ManageEzy"
client and all security is setup from ManageEzy as far as
rights - all is good. My problem is - if the client
browses to the folder that the document are for ManageEzy
then, if they click on a document Windows XP brings up a
viewer and they can view the file. This defeats the
purpose in a way of security (rights) setup through MZY.
Do you have any suggestions as to how I can tighten this
security up?

Thanks heaps.

Is that user supposed to be able to access the document or not? I am not
sure what ManageEzy is but generally you can use the built in ntfs
permissions to manage access to folders and files. If a user has no
permissions to a file or folder based on individual or group membership,
they should not be able to open the document. You can access ntfs
permissions by going to a folder's properties/security page assuming the
server is using ntfs file system.. --- Steve