[PW!] Shocked and Flawed

Shocked and Flawed

"You know, this is an immense waste of time," the Duskull known as Sai
Meilan said to her traveling companion, the guff and uncouth Jason Cassidy.
"For all we know, we may have lost our chance at the Shiny Unown which may or
may not be in Lavaridge Town, and here you are, more worried about some silly
battle for a small trinket."

"I have power, ghost," Jason hotly reminded her. "And I plan on making sure
that you realize that."

_Power you have, boy,_ Meilan thought to herself. _Brains are another
matter._

"And as for that little trinket, a badge is a symbol of power and strength,"
Jason explained. "Not to mention recognition. And if I intend to have power and
be recognized for it, I require that badge."

"Oh, are you going to get a badge from the Mauville Gym too?" a young
woman's voice asked.

Both Jason and Meilan stopped to look towards a young woman slightly younger
than Jason, with strawberry blonde hair, freckles, and green eyes, her hair
held back by a hair clip and a trainer's belt around her waist. While such a
thing wasn't totally uncommon, the fact that the girl was wearing little else
was a surprising sight.

Jason, however, didn't really care either way what the girl was wearing, or
not wearing, "What business is it of yours?"

"I'm heading there myself," the girl answered. "I was just weighing my
options a bit. I'm kinda new at being a trainer, believe it or not."

Meilan, who herself was not troubled by the sight of a young woman in the
buff, slowly floated over to her and said, "Child, do not worry. Should you
fail, you can simply make another attempt. And even with failure there is much
to learn, much more than from..."

"Quit with the pep talk, ghost," Jason interrupted. "I have a Gym Leader to
fight. If the girl wants to go with us, fine, but she'd better stay out of my
way."

As Jason walked off, Meilan narrowed her eye and apologized, "Please forgive
my traveling associate, he is an idiot with far too much attitude. My name is
Sai Meilan. And you are?"

"Keiko Kamen," the young woman replied. "So, is he always like this?"

"Only when he's awake," Meilan replied. "Miss Kamen, if you wish to
accompany us, feel free to do so. I myself do not mind the company."

TBC?

[NS: Hope you don't mind, Tech.]

William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points

William Rendfeld wrote:

> [NS: Hope you don't mind, Tech.]

I suppose not. I've been meaning to write her for a while.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com