Display welcome login message ???

Dear all,

I ham using Windows 2000 Pro SP4
I have seen that it is possible to send a welcome messge to a user when he
logs on.
I am actually auditing all successful/failed login attempt.

Is there a way to send a welcome message to alogged user based on its named
or Group members ?

For example I would like to send a different welcom message if current
logged user is belonging to USERS group or Administrators.

Thanks for your help
regards
serge

You might be able do that if you placed your computers in different
Organizational Units and create a GPO for each OU with a message for each
OU. Alternatively you could create multiple GPO's in the container where the
computer accounts are and filter the GPO to apply only to the computers you
want. If applying by computer does not work you might try using logon
scripts to give users a message as they logon. You could put the users in
OU's or filter GPO's for that. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;322241 --- Group
Policy scripts.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322176 -- how to
apply and filter Group Policy