Initial login prompt

Hello,

I just installed my Windows 2000 Prof. on my new computer
and when I set up the initial login I used my name. Now I
would like it to prompt me with "Administrator" when
windows first boots up. How do I change this?

Also how do I get rid of the new popups that I get when I
start up regarding anti popup software that I can buy?
How is that? Offensive popups that tell you how to get
rid of offensive popups???

Thank You
Mike
3 answers Last reply
More about initial login prompt

    If you logon as administrator then it should show as the logon name the next
    attempt to logon. be sure to use a strong password for your administrator
    accounts. If they are grey box popups those are from the messenger service
    and indicate you need a firewall. For general web browser pop ups the free
    Google toolbar works very well. See the link below for basic security tips.
    Zone Alarm is a good firewall for home users, It gives adequate protection
    and is fairly easy to configure. If using cable or dsl I suggest you also
    get a NAT router like you can buy at Best Buy and such. --- Steve

    http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/security/fwfirewall.html --- free for
    personal use firewalls.
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=33-127-013&DEPA=5
    -- a NAT router device as an example.

    "Mike" <mbeno@ashwaubenon.k12.wi.us> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just installed my Windows 2000 Prof. on my new computer
    > and when I set up the initial login I used my name. Now I
    > would like it to prompt me with "Administrator" when
    > windows first boots up. How do I change this?
    >
    > Also how do I get rid of the new popups that I get when I
    > start up regarding anti popup software that I can buy?
    > How is that? Offensive popups that tell you how to get
    > rid of offensive popups???
    >
    > Thank You
    > Mike

    I have logged on many times and it is always the same.
    Each time I logon it starts as showing my name, which I
    have deleted as a user, and immediately displays a message
    that this is an incorrect login.

    I am used to domain logon which requires the use of control -alt -delete
    which may be different that what you use. Try going into Control Panel/users
    and groups to see if you have an option to reconfigure default account in
    users properties or such. I don't have a W2K workstation box handy right now
    to check for more specific details. Otherwise if you do not mind using
    control - alt - delete to logon then while logged on as an administrator
    open up Local Security Policy via secpol.msc in the run box and go to
    security settings/local policies/security settings and for the security
    option for "disable crtl+alt+dlt requirement for logon" set it to
    disabled. --- Steve

Login Windows