Initial login prompt

Mike

Splendid

Hello,

I just installed my Windows 2000 Prof. on my new computer
and when I set up the initial login I used my name. Now I
would like it to prompt me with "Administrator" when
windows first boots up. How do I change this?

Also how do I get rid of the new popups that I get when I
start up regarding anti popup software that I can buy?
How is that? Offensive popups that tell you how to get
rid of offensive popups???

Thank You
Mike

If you logon as administrator then it should show as the logon name the next
attempt to logon. be sure to use a strong password for your administrator
accounts. If they are grey box popups those are from the messenger service
and indicate you need a firewall. For general web browser pop ups the free
Google toolbar works very well. See the link below for basic security tips.
Zone Alarm is a good firewall for home users, It gives adequate protection
and is fairly easy to configure. If using cable or dsl I suggest you also
get a NAT router like you can buy at Best Buy and such. --- Steve

http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/security/fwfirewall.html --- free for
personal use firewalls.
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=33-127-013&DEPA=5
-- a NAT router device as an example.

"Mike" <mbeno@ashwaubenon.k12.wi.us> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I just installed my Windows 2000 Prof. on my new computer
> and when I set up the initial login I used my name. Now I
> would like it to prompt me with "Administrator" when
> windows first boots up. How do I change this?
>
> Also how do I get rid of the new popups that I get when I
> start up regarding anti popup software that I can buy?
> How is that? Offensive popups that tell you how to get
> rid of offensive popups???
>
> Thank You
> Mike

I have logged on many times and it is always the same.
Each time I logon it starts as showing my name, which I
have deleted as a user, and immediately displays a message
that this is an incorrect login.

spx
>http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/security/fwfirewall.html
--- free for
>personal use firewalls.
>http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?
description=33-127-013&DEPA=5
> -- a NAT router device as an example.
>
>"Mike" <mbeno@ashwaubenon.k12.wi.us> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just installed my Windows 2000 Prof. on my new
computer
>> and when I set up the initial login I used my name.
Now I
>> would like it to prompt me with "Administrator" when
>> windows first boots up. How do I change this?
>>
>> Also how do I get rid of the new popups that I get when
>> start up regarding anti popup software that I can buy?
>> How is that? Offensive popups that tell you how to get
>> rid of offensive popups???
>>
>> Thank You
>> Mike
>

>.

I am used to domain logon which requires the use of control -alt -delete
which may be different that what you use. Try going into Control Panel/users
and groups to see if you have an option to reconfigure default account in
users properties or such. I don't have a W2K workstation box handy right now
to check for more specific details. Otherwise if you do not mind using
control - alt - delete to logon then while logged on as an administrator
open up Local Security Policy via secpol.msc in the run box and go to
security settings/local policies/security settings and for the security
option for "disable crtl+alt+dlt requirement for logon" set it to
disabled. --- Steve