RPC over HTTPS

Is it possible to use RPC over HTTPS on a Windows 2000
client? Do I need to install a patch or update to make
this possible?

Thank you,
Pascal
4 answers Last reply
More about https

    Pascal Hibon wrote:
    > Is it possible to use RPC over HTTPS on a Windows 2000
    > client? Do I need to install a patch or update to make
    > this possible?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Pascal

    Presuming you're talking about connecting to an Exchange server: no, you
    need Windows XP SP1 at minimum (and OL2003) for this.

    And Exchange 2003, too.

    Steve Riley
    steriley@microsoft.com

    "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

    Steve Riley [MSFT] wrote:
    > And Exchange 2003, too.

    Ayuh...

    > Steve Riley
    > steriley@microsoft.com
    >

    > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
    > message news:%23VwMHUkrEHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    >> Pascal Hibon wrote:
    >>> Is it possible to use RPC over HTTPS on a Windows 2000
    >>> client? Do I need to install a patch or update to make
    >>> this possible?
    >>>
    >>> Thank you,
    >>> Pascal
    >>
    >> Presuming you're talking about connecting to an Exchange server: no,
    >> you need Windows XP SP1 at minimum (and OL2003) for this.
  4. For those who are trying to use windows 2000, Before you give up, do try following

    http://help.lockergnome.com/office/Outlook-2003-connection-problem-Exchange--ftopict818533.html

    I tried by coping following registry from an XP machine and I was able to connect to Exchange 2007 from Outlook 2003 from a windows 2000 machine
    HKLM/Software/Microsoft/RPC/ClientProtocols

Security Windows 2000 RPC Microsoft Windows