another which card topic

PrototypeFenix

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Well, if you read my other topic, you know my 7600GT wouldnt work. I'm very hesitant to go with another 7600GT because of that.

I have a biostar geforce 6100-m7 motherboard, just wondering what others are using for a gaming video card. (pcie please).

I'll have about 200 bucks to work with, can go a little over, but if i stay under that means i can get more ram sooner. lol

PrototypeFenix

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
True. Though I always seem to hear about problems with ATI and games...Seems there's always a topic in the RFO and WOW forums about them. But that one looks quite nice, and it's definitely an extremely valid option.

kaotao

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
Most of the cards I've owned over the past 6-7 years have been ATI, and I haven't had a serious problems. Both ATI and Nvidia have their own driver related problem every now and then.

PrototypeFenix

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
I called tech support, they told me to try the card in another system, well, there arent many people up here with PCIE, in fact, i'm the only one i know of. Furthermore, if i were to find someone else, who wants to risk it (being as how the first time i ended up having to wipe my harddrive).

I'm going to call tech support again today to RMA the card, maybe. If i can't find the stupid plastic box it came in, I can't return it, but can probably work with tech support to RMA it. IF i can find the box, I'm returning it to Tigerdirect and ordering something else.

Could it be the card? It works just fine (albeit slowly and choppy) without the drivers, it seems the drivers are causing it to go boom. UNLESS, the drivers are turning it all the way "ON" and a function in the card itself is broken.

TRENDING THREADS