Multi user logon to same Win2000 programs

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b 8 Security
October 11, 2004 2:21:02 PM

I am trying to modify the Computer locked function so that instead of
1 user and the Administrator being able to unlock that other Users or groups
with separate login and password could unlock computer without closing
the programs running or shutting down the same computer
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
October 11, 2004 5:57:21 PM

Mulit User wrote:
> I am trying to modify the Computer locked function so that instead of
> 1 user and the Administrator being able to unlock that other Users
> or groups with separate login and password could unlock computer
> without closing
> the programs running or shutting down the same computer

I don't think you can assign that right to non-admin accounts....and I guess
I'm not sure why you'd want to do this. If this computer needs to be
accessed by more than one person, instruct users that they must log off when
finished with their session. I don't even like unlocking computers as an
administrator, because you never know what the person has open....I do it
only when absolutely necessary.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
October 12, 2004 2:06:02 AM

That can not be done. If there is a problem you can look into using Group
Policy to prevent users from locking their computer and instead use logoff.
There are also utilities such as winexit.scr that can be used to logoff a
user after a certain idle period like you can with locking the computer.
Forced logoffs can cause a user lost data however as the screensaver will
have to end all applications before logging user off. --- Steve

!