Domain related issues

HI,
I am not able to join a machine a child domain to an existing domains.
It diplays the following error
---------------------------
Active Directory Installation Failed
---------------------------
The operation failed because:

The Security Account Manager has determined that the security identifier for
this

computer is already in use in the enterprise you wish to join. This can only
happen

as a result of improperly backing up a Domain Controller. Please consider

reinstalling this computer to obtain a new security identifier.

"The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message
file for %2. "
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------
Help me in this regard

In article <D0CB34FA-C60E-479D-B3A7-94542220B3DA@microsoft.com>, in the
microsoft.public.win2000.security news group, <=?Utf-8?B?c3dhdGhpIFNT?=
<swathi SS@discussions.microsoft.com>> says...

> The Security Account Manager has determined that the security identifier for
> this
>
> computer is already in use in the enterprise you wish to join. This can only
> happen
>
> as a result of improperly backing up a Domain Controller. Please consider
>
> reinstalling this computer to obtain a new security identifier.

Was the machine you're trying to use as the new DC cloned or otherwise
imaged from an existing system? Had the system been joined to the domain
at one time?
The error message is pretty clear, it is telling you that the SID for
this system is already in use.
You might want to either sysprep this system, or use newsid.exe from
www.sysinternals.com and then try again.

--
Paul Adare
rights.