using group policy on a local computer

We have a 2000 terminalserver that is connected to a nt4 domain.

I want to use win2000 local group policy to lock down the system for
the connecting users. Its no problem to make this work, the problem is
that it works for every user. Is there a way to just make this policy
run for ex powerusers or spesific users?

What you could try to do is give deny permissions to the users that you do
not want the policy to apply to for the \winnt\system32\group policy\users
folder. For starts just give full deny permissions to the administrators
group to see if that works. Note that administrators will not be able to
edit local Group Policy while they have deny permissions. They will first
have to give themselves full permissions. You may want to create a local
group for users you want to exempt the policy from and give that group deny
permissions. --- Steve

"greenbay" <greenbay@telia.com> wrote in message
> We have a 2000 terminalserver that is connected to a nt4 domain.
>
> I want to use win2000 local group policy to lock down the system for
> the connecting users. Its no problem to make this work, the problem is
> that it works for every user. Is there a way to just make this policy
> run for ex powerusers or spesific users?

Hi,

Check this article if it will help you out,

How to apply local policies to all users except administrators in a
workgroup setting in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293655

Mike

"greenbay" <greenbay@telia.com> wrote in message
> We have a 2000 terminalserver that is connected to a nt4 domain.
>
> I want to use win2000 local group policy to lock down the system for
> the connecting users. Its no problem to make this work, the problem is
> that it works for every user. Is there a way to just make this policy
> run for ex powerusers or spesific users?

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 20:27:38 +0200, "Miha Pihler"
<mihap-news@atlantis.si> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Check this article if it will help you out,
>
>How to apply local policies to all users except administrators in a
>workgroup setting in Windows 2000
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293655
>
>Mike
>
>"greenbay" <greenbay@telia.com> wrote in message
>> We have a 2000 terminalserver that is connected to a nt4 domain.
>>
>> I want to use win2000 local group policy to lock down the system for
>> the connecting users. Its no problem to make this work, the problem is
>> that it works for every user. Is there a way to just make this policy
>> run for ex powerusers or spesific users?

Thanks!