Way to convert .ADM file to .INF Security Template???

I was wondering if anyone out there as created a tool that would read
a .ADM file that would otherwise define entries for Policies and
output a .INF Security Template. The idea behind this is to be able
to update your own Security Template with items from an .ADM. In this
way you can keep your security template up-to-date with the latest
additions available in Windows.

If you've seen a tool to do this, let me know...

I don't know of a tool. However security settings do not change that much
and when they do it usually requires a service pack to be installed which
will update the security settings available. --- Steve

"Scott M. Foster" <scott_m_foster@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I was wondering if anyone out there as created a tool that would read
> a .ADM file that would otherwise define entries for Policies and
> output a .INF Security Template. The idea behind this is to be able
> to update your own Security Template with items from an .ADM. In this
> way you can keep your security template up-to-date with the latest
> additions available in Windows.
>
> If you've seen a tool to do this, let me know...

I could be wrong, but I don't think .ADM files directly translate to .INF
files. Unless I'm mistaken, there some parts of .ADM files that refer not
just to Computer Configuration part of group policy settings but also to
other things like User Configuration part of group policy settings. AFAIK
User group policy settings can often only be set manually or by AD, but not
by running a local GP .INF file.