MSXML 2.6 Service Pack 3

I can't find an appropriate for MSXML 2.6 and am wondering if anyone has any
suggestions.

I'm setting up a Windows 2000 Server to be a Web/database server. I'm using
the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer and addressing each needed update.
The scan revealed two separate issues with MSXML. One was MSXML 4.0, which
needed the latest SP. I found this on the Microsoft site and installed the
SP.

The other was for MSXML 2.6, which apparently needs SP3. I absolutely
cannot find MSXML 2.6 SP3 on the Microsoft site anywhere! To be honest, I'm
not sure where this seemingly archaic version of MSXML comes from or why it
didn't get updated with the MSXML 4.0

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
--
Jed

Jeddem wrote:

> I can't find an appropriate for MSXML 2.6 and am wondering if anyone has any
> suggestions.
>
> I'm setting up a Windows 2000 Server to be a Web/database server. I'm using
> the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer and addressing each needed update.
> The scan revealed two separate issues with MSXML. One was MSXML 4.0, which
> needed the latest SP. I found this on the Microsoft site and installed the
> SP.
>
> The other was for MSXML 2.6, which apparently needs SP3. I absolutely
> cannot find MSXML 2.6 SP3 on the Microsoft site anywhere! To be honest,
> I'm not sure where this seemingly archaic version of MSXML comes from

Take a look at this post:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=Bmqg6n43DHA.1988%40cpmsftngxa07.phx.gbl

> or why it didn't get updated with the MSXML 4.0

The different "main" versions of MSXML are side-by-side installations
(they can coexist at the same time) and does not have anything with
each other to do.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Thanks, Torgeir! That's *exactly* what I was looking for.

Jed