  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b 8 Security
October 13, 2004 10:15:02 PM

Does anyone know if all hotfixes for W2K are available for OS languages other
than English??
I have heard that a lot of the hot fixes cannot be installed or are
applicable if the language is anything other than English.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : hot fixes windows 2000 french

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
October 14, 2004 2:32:54 PM

GregC wrote:

> Does anyone know if all hotfixes for W2K are available for OS
> languages other than English??
> I have heard that a lot of the hot fixes cannot be installed or
> are applicable if the language is anything other than English.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi

I assume you are thinking about hotfixes you need to call Microsoft
Support to obtain?

As far as I know, those hotfixes are usually available in other
languages as well.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
a b 8 Security
October 14, 2004 3:31:10 PM

Yes that is correct...basically any of the security updates etc.....I have a
customer who was informed that many of the hot fixes are not available for
the French O/S version of W2K

"Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" wrote:

> GregC wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if all hotfixes for W2K are available for OS
> > languages other than English??
> > I have heard that a lot of the hot fixes cannot be installed or
> > are applicable if the language is anything other than English.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Hi
>
> I assume you are thinking about hotfixes you need to call Microsoft
> Support to obtain?
>
> As far as I know, those hotfixes are usually available in other
> languages as well.

> the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.m...

a b 8 Security
October 15, 2004 1:18:32 PM

GregC wrote:

> Yes that is correct...basically any of the security updates etc.....I have a
> customer who was informed that many of the hot fixes are not available for
> the French O/S version of W2K
Hi

All the public security updates for Win2k are available in French...

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
a b 8 Security
October 18, 2004 9:13:05 AM

Thanks Torgeir....I will check it out and advise my customer.

!