How do you move a certificate authority to a another domai..

How do you move a certificate authority to a another domain controller on the
same domain? I would like to retire the first domain controller that was
installed on my domain. I have moved all of the server roles and dns services
but the original machine is a certificate authority. My search of the
Microsoft KB has not been fruitful (I found one article. Step one was "raise
the functial level to Windows Server 2003." The article that it referenced
is not in the KB.). Are there any articles on how to do this
or can someone tell me how to do it?

--
Andrew Buschbom
1 answer Last reply

    Hi Andrew,

    Microsoft had an article how to move CA service to another server. I am not
    sure why they removed it (it was removed recently).

    Google has cached version of this article but if you want to use it, make
    sure you have a good backup of your running server...

    http://216.239.59.104/microsoft?q=cache:U_eajOCfV5QJ:support.microsoft.com/default.aspx%3Fscid%3Dkb%3B%255BLN%255D%3BQ298138+Move+certificate+authority+service&hl=en

    I am presuming you are running your CA service on Windows 2000. If this is
    so, the article that you mention will not work, since it was written for
    Windows 2003...

    Mike

    "Andrew Buschbom" <AndrewBuschbom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:6B9F1078-C466-41B7-9063-C071BF893C7C@microsoft.com...
    > How do you move a certificate authority to a another domain controller on
    the
    > same domain? I would like to retire the first domain controller that was
    > installed on my domain. I have moved all of the server roles and dns
    services
    > but the original machine is a certificate authority. My search of the
    > Microsoft KB has not been fruitful (I found one article. Step one was
    "raise
    > the functial level to Windows Server 2003." The article that it
    referenced
    > is not in the KB.). Are there any articles on how to do this
    > or can someone tell me how to do it?
    >
    > --
    > Andrew Buschbom

Domain Controller Certificate Microsoft Windows