Is it possible to disable a group?

As opposed to deleting it? I need to clean up many old groups, and it would
be nice to be able to disable a group to see if anything was missed or
needed before I delete a group with 500 entries!! (Hey, MS, this would be a
great enhancement!!!)
--
Mike Matheny

It is not possible to disable it in the usual sense. If you are running a
W2K native domain you could change the group from security to distribution
group. Distribution groups can not be used in access control lists, but are
used for things like bulk emailing. If no one complains after a month or so,
then it probably is not being used for anything. If it is you can always
make it a security group again. You could also use something like ldifde to
export the groups for safekeeping. The links below explain ldifde in more
detail if interested. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237677 -- ldifde
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/directory/activedirectory/stepbystep/adbulk.mspx