Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
April 21, 2004 1:24:21 PM

I've recently been working on a companion program for the Pokewars!
Pavilion. A tentative name for the program is the "Pokewars! Pavilion
Explorer", but I'm open to suggestions. The first feature I'm implementing
in this program is a Writer's Guide Navigator, a PW!-dex of sorts. It
displays each Writer's Guide alongside an image of the character described
by the WG and allows users to browse through information about each
character's Pokemon.

I'd like to have recent information about as many Pokemon as possible, so
I'd like each author who reads this message to send me a text file with
their characters' Pokemon info in a specific format. For each field, if you
don't want to specify the information, you may write "???". The fields are
as follows:

Pokemon: Nickname
Species
Level
Type1
Type2
Nature
Ability
Move1
Move2
Move3
Move4
*
History/Personality

Since Aerie is the first Writer's Guide in the Pavilion's WG Page, I wrote a
sample for Aerie's Pokemon to test the application. Use it as an example if
you decide to help me with this project.

Pokemon: Cue
UnownQ
15
Psychic

Brave
Levitate
Hidden Power
*
Cue decided to travel with Darian McCain and Lisa Charity, not fond of
flying around. After helping Darian and Lisa come closer together by
questioning their decisions and behaviors, getting them to realize their
mistakes, Cue floated away from them towards a city. Cue wound up on the
S.S. Tidal, where it questioned various people and where many people tried
to catch it. Cue allowed Alexandria Masters, one of the passengers on the
ship, catch it since she promised to release it after it helped her counsel
Aerie's parents. Later, Alexandria gave Cue to Aerie.

Please note: You must leave a blank space if a Pokemon has only one type,
the "*" specifies when the move list terminates, and History/Personality
should be on one line. You don't need to specify Nature or Ability for
Pokemon if you don't want to (you can put ???), but if the Pokemon only has
one possible Ability, I'll specify it for you. For information on Natures,
you can visit: http://www.wraith10.megadoomer.com/pokemonrs/resources2... ,
and to find out what Abilities certain Pokemon can have and what they mean,
search through the Pokedex at: http://www.pokefor.tk . Thanks in advance to
anyone who helps me with this.

-Rob

More about : dex project

April 21, 2004 1:24:22 PM

"Rob" <robfrompw@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<95rhc.17188$l75.10228@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
> [...]
> mistakes, Cue floated away from them towards a city. Cue wound up on the
> S.S. Tidal, where it questioned various people and where many people tried
> to catch it. Cue allowed Alexandria Masters, one of the passengers on the
> ship, catch it since she promised to release it after it helped her counsel
> Aerie's parents. Later, Alexandria gave Cue to Aerie.
>
> Please note: You must leave a blank space if a Pokemon has only one type,
> the "*" specifies when the move list terminates, and History/Personality
> should be on one line. You don't need to specify Nature or Ability for
> Pokemon if you don't want to (you can put ???), but if the Pokemon only has
> one possible Ability, I'll specify it for you. For information on Natures,
> you can visit: http://www.wraith10.megadoomer.com/pokemonrs/resources2... ,
> and to find out what Abilities certain Pokemon can have and what they mean,

So this will be attacked to a WG and linked for easy display, or is
this going to be like a pokedex in itself?

Because I was thinking that depending on how you're going to do it,
you may want who the trainer of the pokemon is.

Just a thought.

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline
*Waves hand* You do not notice this tagine
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 3:09:11 AM

Clayton wrote:
> "Rob" <robfrompw@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<95rhc.17188$l75.10228@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
>>Since Aerie is the first Writer's Guide in the Pavilion's WG Page, I wrote a
>>sample for Aerie's Pokemon to test the application. Use it as an example if
>>you decide to help me with this project.

Well, isn't that convenient (for me). ^_^;

Seriously, though - I'm not sure if I'd list the shiny unown in quite
the same manner, since their ownership appears to be more temporary.

> Random Tagline
> *Waves hand* You do not notice this tagine

*notices the lack of a tagline* ;P
Related resources
April 22, 2004 3:37:24 AM

"Clayton" <redneckdadd@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> So this will be attacked to a WG and linked for easy display, or is
> this going to be like a pokedex in itself?
>
> Because I was thinking that depending on how you're going to do it,
> you may want who the trainer of the pokemon is.

Clicking on the "WG Navigator" button brings up a window where one can
browse through Writer's Guides. Each WG has a drop-down list associated with
it that lists the Pokemon that the WG's character has. People can then click
on any entry in the drop-down list for more information about that Pokemon.
I should be releasing the first version of the program by next week,
provided that enough people send me text files with information for the
program.

> Random Tagline
> *Waves hand* You do not notice this tagine

I didn't notice the tagline until Adrian pointed it out. I guess your Jedi
mind tricks DO work on me.

-Rob
April 22, 2004 3:41:43 AM

"Adrian Tymes" <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> Seriously, though - I'm not sure if I'd list the shiny unown in quite
> the same manner, since their ownership appears to be more temporary.

I'm just listing whatever Pokemon each character has, even Shiny Unown. Once
the text files are written, updating them will be really easy. The program
reads the files from the PW! Pavilion so I won't have to make a new version
of the application with each change.

-Rob