Cowboys11

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
I just ordered these parts on NewEgg.com and really just wanted to see what you all thought of the final list of the products I have decided to purchase and then assemble.

Here is everything I am getting:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86GHz Processor
BIOSTAR 945P-A7A ATX Intel Motherboard
XFX GeForce 7900GS 256MB Video Card
Western Digital 160GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache Hard Drive
2 x Kingston 1GB DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory
SFC 550W Power Supply
DIAMOND XtremeSound 7.1 Channels Sound Card
COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 Mid Tower Computer Case

Total amount spent for all of these items after mail in rebates and the cost of shipping comes out to only $750!!!

My main goal in building this computer is to play games at an "above-average" quality. I am on a low budget so that's why I didn't go with top of the line stuff on everything.

I wanted to post this thread to get as many opinions as possible on my setup as well as a rating of 1-10 on how well the game The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion will run on this. (I want to know how well it will run for this game specifically because this is one of the most demanding games on the market right now.)

Thanks and I'm sure I will be using this forum much much more in the future for my computer related issues! :)

akhilles

Splendid
Thumbs up! You picked the parts for running them at stock speeds. That's the right parts. You didn't blindly buy 6400 ram w/o knowing what their intended purpose is.

The xfx 7900gs is overclocked. The pc should be fine for running oblivion. I hear there's a slow-down when it's outdoors.

melarcky

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
i would personally just change my motherboard to an asus or gigabyte
for that price i think its fine, also ppl give ASUS and Gigabyte Credit I had a gygabite mobo once then i got an Albatron and i didnt see the difference at all :)