Change settings from one user to another

I have been using my computer as Administrator on a regular basis for about
a year. I just learned that this is not advisable. So I created a new
account for myself as a regular user. How can I now move my user settings
from Administrator to my new user account?

Thanks,
Frank

It certainly is not advisable in a domain environment but I would say it is
less important for a normal home user that follows good security practices
such as using a hard to guess password, has a firewall, uses virus
protection that is keep up to date with definitions and scans all emails,
and keeps current with critical updates at Windows Updates. I always logon
as administrator at home and never have a problem. I do it for the
convenience of being able to configure and install software which I do
often. Having said that you can copy a user profile over to another account.
You would first need to create another account, add it to the administrators
local group, and logon with it. Then go to Control Panel/system/user
profiles. Select the profile you want to copy and then select copy to, under
copy profile to use browse to find your new non administrator account under
the document and settings folder, select OK, make sure that the new user
account is shown as "permitted to use" and change it to that account if it
is not. Then select OK and it should copy your original profile to the new
profile. You can either delete the account you created when done to do the
copy operation or leave it as long as it has a strong password. --- Steve