Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Celebi - Is there a way to catch?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 11:51:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

I've caught just about all the poke's in Colosseum, only Shuckle and Togetic
left. I have not used a time flute yet...so is there any way to catch
Celebi? I keep hearing no...but I keep thinking there has to be a way. I may
have been foolish to use my master ball on Tyranitar while still hoping
there is a way to catch Celebi..

More about : celebi catch

Anonymous
April 22, 2004 3:45:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Raph" <raph@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<ghAhc.70608$M3.3044@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
> I've caught just about all the poke's in Colosseum, only Shuckle and Togetic
> left. I have not used a time flute yet...so is there any way to catch
> Celebi? I keep hearing no...but I keep thinking there has to be a way. I may
> have been foolish to use my master ball on Tyranitar while still hoping
> there is a way to catch Celebi..


Celebi isn't in the game.

In Japan, players who preordered Colosseum were given a bonus disk
that included a downloadable Celebi. North American bonus disks
contained Jirachi instead. Hopefully, at some point in the future,
Nintendo of America will do some sort of Celebi giveaway, but for the
time being, there's no way to catch it, short of trading with someone
who has the Japanese bonus disk.


--Beth
April 22, 2004 10:33:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Raph" <raph@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ghAhc.70608$M3.3044@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> I've caught just about all the poke's in Colosseum, only Shuckle and
Togetic
> left. I have not used a time flute yet...so is there any way to catch
> Celebi? I keep hearing no...but I keep thinking there has to be a way.

If there is a way, then it hasn't been revealed yet.
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 4:28:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Raph" <raph@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ghAhc.70608$M3.3044@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> I keep hearing no...but I keep thinking there has to be a way. I may
> have been foolish to use my master ball on Tyranitar while still hoping
> there is a way to catch Celebi..

As has already been explained, Coli's a No Celebi zone.

I have a question of my own to those who've played the game, though. Where
SHOULD the Master Ball be used? Is there an uber-legendary that requires
catching (Ho-oh?) or are you meant to use the ball on lesser monsters, such
as the dogs/cats/gerbils/platypii or Tyranitar?

Reason I ask is because I'd rather use it on tricky legendaries than
Tyranitar, seeing as Larvitar can be caught on one of the FL islands.

Steffan
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 5:48:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

In article <1082633325.389175@leri.aber.ac.uk>,
STEFFAN HEDD ALUN <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>I have a question of my own to those who've played the game, though. Where
>SHOULD the Master Ball be used? Is there an uber-legendary that requires
>catching (Ho-oh?) or are you meant to use the ball on lesser monsters, such
>as the dogs/cats/gerbils/platypii or Tyranitar?
>
I have no regrets about Tyranitar, and I understand that Ho-oh does not
require catching in the standard way.

>Reason I ask is because I'd rather use it on tricky legendaries than
>Tyranitar, seeing as Larvitar can be caught on one of the FL islands.
>
One of what islands? Fire Red/Leaf Green? That's not available in
the US yet. Besides, the guy with Tyrannitar was really tough, and it
was real handy to be able to throw one ball and remove one of his
strongest Pokemon immediately.

--
David H. Thornley | If you want my opinion, ask.
david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.
http://www.thornley.net/~thornley/david/ | O-
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 4:57:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"David Thornley" <thornley@visi.com> wrote in message
news:4088760b$0$17262$a1866201@newsreader.visi.com...
> >I have a question of my own to those who've played the game, though.
Where
> >SHOULD the Master Ball be used? Is there an uber-legendary that requires
> >catching (Ho-oh?) or are you meant to use the ball on lesser monsters,
such
> >as the dogs/cats/gerbils/platypii or Tyranitar?
>
> I have no regrets about Tyranitar, and I understand that Ho-oh does not
> require catching in the standard way.

Excellent. 'Sall I needed to know, really.

> >Reason I ask is because I'd rather use it on tricky legendaries than
> >Tyranitar, seeing as Larvitar can be caught on one of the FL islands.
>
> One of what islands? Fire Red/Leaf Green?

Yes.

> That's not available in the US yet.

And it certainly isn't in the UK, but that's besides the point. If I play
Coli and fail to get Tyranitar, it's no major loss, since there will
eventually be another way to get it. The dogs/cats/gerbils/cast of Friends,
however, can only be caught in Coli, so it's worth putting a bit of effort
into them.

I don't follow the school of thought of "I want ALL Pokémon NOW!". I take
the cards that are dealt. 200 Pokémon are plenty for me now, and the real
fun will come in completing the Pokédex from 152 to 250, using RS, FL and
Coli together.

I admit it'd be nice to get Mew and Celebi now that Catching 'Em All is that
much more straightforward, but I'd prefer to put the effort in rather than
cheating.

> Besides, the guy with Tyrannitar was really tough, and it
> was real handy to be able to throw one ball and remove one of his
> strongest Pokemon immediately.

Ah, cool. Tactical capturing.

Setffan
Anonymous
April 24, 2004 2:54:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:

> "David Thornley" <thornley@visi.com> wrote in message
> news:4088760b$0$17262$a1866201@newsreader.visi.com...
> > >I have a question of my own to those who've played the game, though.
> Where
> > >SHOULD the Master Ball be used? Is there an uber-legendary that requires
> > >catching (Ho-oh?) or are you meant to use the ball on lesser monsters,
> such
> > >as the dogs/cats/gerbils/platypii or Tyranitar?
> >
> > I have no regrets about Tyranitar, and I understand that Ho-oh does not
> > require catching in the standard way.
>
> Excellent. 'Sall I needed to know, really.

The ones you do need to catch are Quilava, Bayleef, and Croconaw. The
Gold/Silver/Crystal starters. I'm not sure about some of the other Silver/Gold
pokemon. Smeargle, Ursaring, Misdreaveus, etc. I actually put an effort to
catch all the pokemon so as to get that Ho-oh. You need to catch and purify all
the pokemon.

>

>
> > >Reason I ask is because I'd rather use it on tricky legendaries than
> > >Tyranitar, seeing as Larvitar can be caught on one of the FL islands.

Sadly, you don't get the Masterball until Realgam Tower and you've beaten the
four admins a 2nd time and are about ready to ascend into that 'final' battle
And f you've been really working at it, you've got the Legendaries from the
first time you pounded on the Admins.

>
> > One of what islands? Fire Red/Leaf Green?
>
> Yes.
>
> > That's not available in the US yet.
>
> And it certainly isn't in the UK, but that's besides the point. If I play
> Coli and fail to get Tyranitar, it's no major loss, since there will
> eventually be another way to get it. The dogs/cats/gerbils/cast of Friends,
> however, can only be caught in Coli, so it's worth putting a bit of effort
> into them.

True and some effort in getting some of the other stuff.

>
> I don't follow the school of thought of "I want ALL Pokémon NOW!". I take
> the cards that are dealt. 200 Pokémon are plenty for me now, and the real
> fun will come in completing the Pokédex from 152 to 250, using RS, FL and
> Coli together.
>
> I admit it'd be nice to get Mew and Celebi now that Catching 'Em All is that
> much more straightforward, but I'd prefer to put the effort in rather than
> cheating.

True. If they do put those two legendaries in the various games some way so you
could get them, I have no problem. It's when it's a tour only event, that I
have problems with their tactics.

>
> > Besides, the guy with Tyrannitar was really tough, and it
> > was real handy to be able to throw one ball and remove one of his
> > strongest Pokemon immediately.
>
> Ah, cool. Tactical capturing.

What else are you going to use it on?
Anonymous
April 24, 2004 4:29:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Disruptor" <dangaioh@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:40899EBF.A33DA72F@earthlink.net...
> > > Besides, the guy with Tyrannitar was really tough, and it
> > > was real handy to be able to throw one ball and remove one of his
> > > strongest Pokemon immediately.
> >
> > Ah, cool. Tactical capturing.
>
> What else are you going to use it on?

Ah, see, I'm in the UK, and don't have the game yet. I know nothing about
it, therefore, and hoped to get some early hints from those who have the
game.

> The ones you do need to catch are Quilava, Bayleef, and Croconaw.

Am I right in saying you only get one of the three?

> I'm not sure about some of the other Silver/Gold
> pokemon. Smeargle, Ursaring, Misdreaveus, etc.

I put some work in and compiled a list of which GS 'mon are available in
FL[1], so that I know which are integral to capture in Coli. It's
significantly less than I'd thought.

> I actually put an effort to
> catch all the pokemon so as to get that Ho-oh. You need to catch and
purify all
> the pokemon.

Ho-oh's also in FL, though, so again, Coli's not your only hope.

> Sadly, you don't get the Masterball until Realgam Tower and you've beaten
the
> four admins a 2nd time and are about ready to ascend into that 'final'
battle
> And f you've been really working at it, you've got the Legendaries from
the
> first time you pounded on the Admins.

And you can get all three dogs/cats/gerbils/transformers in a single game,
yes? Unlike the starters, that is.

> > I admit it'd be nice to get Mew and Celebi now that Catching 'Em All is
that
> > much more straightforward, but I'd prefer to put the effort in rather
than
> > cheating.
>
> True. If they do put those two legendaries in the various games some way
so you
> could get them, I have no problem. It's when it's a tour only event, that
I
> have problems with their tactics.

It'll be a crying shame if they're both tour-only events, seeing as
Jirachi's bonus disk fodder now. I'll be very disappointed if we don't get
Celebi simply because Japanese gamers no longer need a way to get it,
though.

Still, there are those who 'sharked RS as soon as they found out there were
only 202 creatures on it. Impatient bastards.

Steffan

[1] http://pkmn.co.uk/?pageid=g,03,18 in case you're interested.
Anonymous
April 24, 2004 12:42:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:

> "Disruptor" <dangaioh@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:40899EBF.A33DA72F@earthlink.net...
> > > > Besides, the guy with Tyrannitar was really tough, and it
> > > > was real handy to be able to throw one ball and remove one of his
> > > > strongest Pokemon immediately.
> > >
> > > Ah, cool. Tactical capturing.
> >
> > What else are you going to use it on?
>
> Ah, see, I'm in the UK, and don't have the game yet. I know nothing about
> it, therefore, and hoped to get some early hints from those who have the
> game.

Ah.

>
>
> > The ones you do need to catch are Quilava, Bayleef, and Croconaw.
>
> Am I right in saying you only get one of the three?

No. You can get all three. You get one early on(2nd capture) and the other two
after Realgam Tower.

>
>
> > I'm not sure about some of the other Silver/Gold
> > pokemon. Smeargle, Ursaring, Misdreaveus, etc.
>
> I put some work in and compiled a list of which GS 'mon are available in
> FL[1], so that I know which are integral to capture in Coli. It's
> significantly less than I'd thought.
>
> > I actually put an effort to
> > catch all the pokemon so as to get that Ho-oh. You need to catch and
> purify all
> > the pokemon.
>
> Ho-oh's also in FL, though, so again, Coli's not your only hope.
>
> > Sadly, you don't get the Masterball until Realgam Tower and you've beaten
> the
> > four admins a 2nd time and are about ready to ascend into that 'final'
> battle
> > And f you've been really working at it, you've got the Legendaries from
> the
> > first time you pounded on the Admins.
>
> And you can get all three dogs/cats/gerbils/transformers in a single game,
> yes? Unlike the starters, that is.

You can get the Gold/Silver 'starters' in Colloseum, but yes you get all three
of the legendary beasts in Colloseum

>
> > > I admit it'd be nice to get Mew and Celebi now that Catching 'Em All is
> that
> > > much more straightforward, but I'd prefer to put the effort in rather
> than
> > > cheating.
> >
> > True. If they do put those two legendaries in the various games some way
> so you
> > could get them, I have no problem. It's when it's a tour only event, that
> I
> > have problems with their tactics.
>
> It'll be a crying shame if they're both tour-only events, seeing as
> Jirachi's bonus disk fodder now. I'll be very disappointed if we don't get
> Celebi simply because Japanese gamers no longer need a way to get it,
> though.
>
> Still, there are those who 'sharked RS as soon as they found out there were
> only 202 creatures on it. Impatient bastards.

Haven't messed yet. Waiting to see if those two are tour only. However, I have
the feeling the E-card reader and Colloseum MIGHT be the way to get those two.
Anonymous
April 24, 2004 6:07:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Disruptor" <dangaioh@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:408A2868.6DC82F58@earthlink.net...
> > > The ones you do need to catch are Quilava, Bayleef, and Croconaw.
> >
> > Am I right in saying you only get one of the three?
>
> No. You can get all three. You get one early on(2nd capture) and the
other two
> after Realgam Tower.

Awesome 8-) That makes me lots happier.

> You can get the Gold/Silver 'starters' in Colloseum, but yes you get all
three
> of the legendary beasts in Colloseum

Double jackpot 8-)

> > Still, there are those who 'sharked RS as soon as they found out there
were
> > only 202 creatures on it. Impatient bastards.
>
> Haven't messed yet. Waiting to see if those two are tour only. However,
I have
> the feeling the E-card reader and Colloseum MIGHT be the way to get those
two.

Ah, yes, the E-card reader. I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that Coli
doesn't contain them, though. After all, Celebi came on a bonus disk in
Japan, so why would it be on the main disk as well?

Still, having attended my first ever download event this year to get an EON
ticket, I may just go to events to get Mew and Celebi.

Steffan
Anonymous
April 25, 2004 3:03:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:

> "Disruptor" <dangaioh@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:408A2868.6DC82F58@earthlink.net...
> > > > The ones you do need to catch are Quilava, Bayleef, and Croconaw.
> > >
> > > Am I right in saying you only get one of the three?
> >
> > No. You can get all three. You get one early on(2nd capture) and the
> other two
> > after Realgam Tower.
>
> Awesome 8-) That makes me lots happier.

Too true. The ONE Red/green pokemon I wish they had allowed you to catch in
Colloseum is Ditto.

>
>
> > > Still, there are those who 'sharked RS as soon as they found out there
> were
> > > only 202 creatures on it. Impatient bastards.
> >
> > Haven't messed yet. Waiting to see if those two are tour only. However,
> I have
> > the feeling the E-card reader and Colloseum MIGHT be the way to get those
> two.
>
> Ah, yes, the E-card reader. I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that Coli
> doesn't contain them, though. After all, Celebi came on a bonus disk in
> Japan, so why would it be on the main disk as well?

http://www.serebii.net/colosseum/e-reader.shtml

Sort of a prize for pounding on a bunch of trainers. My guess is a series of
battles and the final Trainer(s) is where you have to fight all legendaries and
try to catch a mew or celebi

Say:
Trainer 1=Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Mew(dark)
Trainer 2=Suicuine, Raikou, Entei, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi(dark)

>
>
> Still, having attended my first ever download event this year to get an EON
> ticket, I may just go to events to get Mew and Celebi.

I don't have the time.
Anonymous
April 25, 2004 4:49:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Disruptor" <dangaioh@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:408AF260.930536A@earthlink.net...
> The ONE Red/green pokemon I wish they had allowed you to catch in
> Colloseum is Ditto.

Haha. It feels so strange that we'll soon be able to get Ditto via FL. I'm
so used to having to breed without it that my first instinct is to think
that Ditto breaks the balance. Same goes for buying evolution stones in the
shops. Things that had no real reason to be taken out in the first place
seem so foreign now.

I'm perfectly content to wait for Ditto, though. Saying that, I'm sure I
will have changed my mind by the time I have an arsenal of evolved male GS
'mon.

> > Ah, yes, the E-card reader. I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that
Coli
> > doesn't contain them, though. After all, Celebi came on a bonus disk in
> > Japan, so why would it be on the main disk as well?
>
> http://www.serebii.net/colosseum/e-reader.shtml

Serebii's my mortal enemy, I'm afraid.

> Sort of a prize for pounding on a bunch of trainers. My guess is a series
of
> battles and the final Trainer(s) is where you have to fight all
legendaries and
> try to catch a mew or celebi
>
> Say:
> Trainer 1=Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Mew(dark)
> Trainer 2=Suicuine, Raikou, Entei, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi(dark)

That'd be awesome. Hope they don't ruin their so-far-perfect record of
including every Pokémon. I'm sure I wasn't the only one irritated by having
a Dex of 249 on GSC. 250 would have been fine, since it's a round number,
but 259? Yuck. And 384? Worse still.

> > Still, having attended my first ever download event this year to get an
EON
> > ticket, I may just go to events to get Mew and Celebi.
>
> I don't have the time.

Oh, neither do I. I'd pretty much have to sacrifice my degree for it.

Steffan
Anonymous
March 24, 2012 10:03:07 AM

Quote:
Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

I've caught just about all the poke's in Colosseum, only Shuckle and Togetic
left. I have not used a time flute yet...so is there any way to catch
Celebi? I keep hearing no...but I keep thinking there has to be a way. I may
have been foolish to use my master ball on Tyranitar while still hoping
there is a way to catch Celebi..



There IS a e-reader celebii card but i'm not sure what it does. It apparently gives you a proper celebii to use but you could get the celebiii black and white event or go on global trade. I, of course, have the celebii black and white event one that gives you a zorua in castalia city! :kaola: 
April 6, 2012 4:46:01 PM

why dont u just catch it on the ds and then upload to wii
April 6, 2012 6:44:37 PM

wow, 8 year old thread, this must be a new record or something...
April 7, 2012 12:19:42 AM

AntiZig said:
wow, 8 year old thread, this must be a new record or something...


holy *** i didnt even see that, this calls for :



THHREAD RESSSSSSURRRECTIONNNN!!!





how dumb am i replying an awnser to a 8 year old thread , the poster is probably long dead lol
April 7, 2012 12:21:23 AM

amen
!