Cannot access internet with Bluetooth

May 14, 2005 8:21:24 AM

I am unable to get access into the internet.
Always show "The page you are looking for cannot be found"
Please help. Thank.

On my laptop:
Belkin USB Bluetooth Dongle (F8T008)
Wireless internet Connection
PPC: IPAQ 2210

After configuration, I am to carry out activesync via bluetooth and
surf the internet from my ppc when activesync is running.

When activesync is not running, I am unable to get access into the
internet.

Here are my settings:
Laptop Wifi Network config
IP Address: 10.0.0.20
Subnet mask: 255.0.0.0
Gateway: 10.0.0.2
DNS <set to my ISP primary and secondary DNS address>
ICS is enabled

Bluetooth Connection
IP Address: 192.168.0.1
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: <blank>
DNS <set to my ISP primary and secondary DNS address>

IPAQ PPC
At the Settings | Connections | Connections, Advanced Tabs
Network Management
The BT Network Access modem is set to Bluetooth Null Modem
TCP/IP : Use Server-assigned IP Address
Servers: Use Server-assigned IP Address
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 11:02:03 AM

Have already done that and other sites for the past 3 days.
However after following the information posted, still unable to get
internet access.

- Palm King -

> >I am unable to get access into the internet.
> > Always show "The page you are looking for cannot be found"
> > Please help. Thank.
> >
> > On my laptop:
> > Belkin USB Bluetooth Dongle (F8T008)
> > Wireless internet Connection
> > PPC: IPAQ 2210
> >
> > After configuration, I am to carry out activesync via bluetooth and
> > surf the internet from my ppc when activesync is running.
> >
> > When activesync is not running, I am unable to get access into the
> > internet.
> >
> > Here are my settings:
> > Laptop Wifi Network config
> > IP Address: 10.0.0.20
> > Subnet mask: 255.0.0.0
> > Gateway: 10.0.0.2
> > DNS <set to my ISP primary and secondary DNS address>
> > ICS is enabled
> >
> > Bluetooth Connection
> > IP Address: 192.168.0.1
> > Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
> > Gateway: <blank>
> > DNS <set to my ISP primary and secondary DNS address>
> >
> > IPAQ PPC
> > At the Settings | Connections | Connections, Advanced Tabs
> > Network Management
> > The BT Network Access modem is set to Bluetooth Null Modem
> > TCP/IP : Use Server-assigned IP Address
> > Servers: Use Server-assigned IP Address

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 11:49:02 AM

I would visit the Geekzone BT Guides for help...

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

<palm.king@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1116069684.903089.64970@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>I am unable to get access into the internet.
> Always show "The page you are looking for cannot be found"
> Please help. Thank.
>
> On my laptop:
> Belkin USB Bluetooth Dongle (F8T008)
> Wireless internet Connection
> PPC: IPAQ 2210
>
> After configuration, I am to carry out activesync via bluetooth and
> surf the internet from my ppc when activesync is running.
>
> When activesync is not running, I am unable to get access into the
> internet.
>
> Here are my settings:
> Laptop Wifi Network config
> IP Address: 10.0.0.20
> Subnet mask: 255.0.0.0
> Gateway: 10.0.0.2
> DNS <set to my ISP primary and secondary DNS address>
> ICS is enabled
>
> Bluetooth Connection
> IP Address: 192.168.0.1
> Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
> Gateway: <blank>
> DNS <set to my ISP primary and secondary DNS address>
>
> IPAQ PPC
> At the Settings | Connections | Connections, Advanced Tabs
> Network Management
> The BT Network Access modem is set to Bluetooth Null Modem
> TCP/IP : Use Server-assigned IP Address
> Servers: Use Server-assigned IP Address

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 1:31:50 PM

In our Guides there is a checklist article - go through it.

The most important thing is probably to check that your computer is not
running a personal firewall that is blocking this communication. Also you
don't say if this is the case but there are two Bluetooth connections: LAP
and PAN. ICS is used for LAP, and this is selected on your Bluetooth
configuration as "Allow Internet Access", *not* as "Private LAN Connection".

And when you connected the first time you should have had a password
request - enter nothing there but if you have something then it will fail to
connect. Make sure to delete the connection on your Pocket PC's Bluetooth
Manager and try again - follow our guides step-by-step, don't assume
anything is ok if it's different from the description.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
Software for Pocket PC directly on your device:
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inhand.asp

!