Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

OTA Digital with 32" Sony XBR analog TV

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 7:16:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

My set has compentent video and s video. I am 40 miles west of Ft. Worth.
I have a roof top antenna now and I am wondering if the digital reciever at
Wal Mart US Digital would give me a better picture going Digital. I
currently get the UHF channel well and the VHF comes in better at night.
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 7:35:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

In article <AmeMc.757$VQ1.90@fe25.usenetserver.com>, Bob Moors
<moorsb@starband.net> wrote:

> My set has compentent video and s video. I am 40 miles west of Ft. Worth.
> I have a roof top antenna now and I am wondering if the digital reciever at
> Wal Mart US Digital would give me a better picture going Digital. I
> currently get the UHF channel well and the VHF comes in better at night.
>
I have the 27" version of that tv. I purchased the Samsung 361 STB to
see if I was even capable of getting digital reception. I am about 65
miles south of most of the stations that broadcast digital. I get
excellent UHF/VHF/FM reception with my 18-year old roof top mounted
antenna. The STB had no problem picking up the stations that were being
broadcast in digital. The picture did seem sharper and the sound was
noticeably improved. Based on that little experiment, I've decided to
buy the HD-ready Sony (KV-32HS510) and the LG LTS-3100A sometime in
August or September. I took back the Samsung STB. I have no experience
with the Wal-Mart model of the STB. The sammy cost me about $300 at CC
and the LG will cost about $400.

--
Deja Moo: I've seen this bullshit before.

My address has been anti-spammed.
Please reply to: scasse@invalid.net replacing invalid with sonic.
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 10:08:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

.. Based on that little experiment, I've decided to
> buy the HD-ready Sony (KV-32HS510) and the LG LTS-3100A sometime in
> August or September. I took back the Samsung STB. I have no experience
> with the Wal-Mart model of the STB. The sammy cost me about $300 at CC
> and the LG will cost about $400.
>

You will like the Sony 32HS510. I just bought one and am very impressed with
the picture quality. I have it hooked up to Dishnetwork and have the HD
channels. Very, very impressive indeed. I use their Model 811 STB.

Jim




-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
Related resources
Anonymous
July 24, 2004 2:18:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

I purchased the US Digital box from WalMart. Now I am getting Digital SD TV
on my Analog XBR. I am very impressed with the picture, though I am used to
getting an anlog picture over the air.

I had a couple of issue installing the box. When you power it up it starts
scanning for DTV. The unit locked up at station 30 though it found 5
stations in my area. The only way I could get past the auto scan was to
power down my Antenna Amplifier when the scan got to 29. It continued to
scan and complete the scan but did not find any more stations. I was then
able to manually add the other stations via the setup menu, which I could
get to once it finished auto scan.

US Digital is advertising cable channels over the air in 3 markets now. Is
anyone using this service?



"Bob Moors" <moorsb@starband.net> wrote in message
news:AmeMc.757$VQ1.90@fe25.usenetserver.com...
> My set has compentent video and s video. I am 40 miles west of Ft. Worth.
> I have a roof top antenna now and I am wondering if the digital reciever
at
> Wal Mart US Digital would give me a better picture going Digital. I
> currently get the UHF channel well and the VHF comes in better at night.
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
July 24, 2004 3:34:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

In article <41018c5d_1@corp.newsgroups.com>, Jim Waggener
<jimw@nospam.visi.net> wrote:

> . Based on that little experiment, I've decided to
> > buy the HD-ready Sony (KV-32HS510) and the LG LTS-3100A sometime in
> > August or September. I took back the Samsung STB. I have no experience
> > with the Wal-Mart model of the STB. The sammy cost me about $300 at CC
> > and the LG will cost about $400.
> >
>
> You will like the Sony 32HS510. I just bought one and am very impressed with
> the picture quality. I have it hooked up to Dishnetwork and have the HD
> channels. Very, very impressive indeed. I use their Model 811 STB.
>
> Jim
>
>
Thanks. It's nice to read that I've made a good choice. I can't wait.

--
Deja Moo: I've seen this bullshit before.

My address has been anti-spammed.
Please reply to: scasse@invalid.net replacing invalid with sonic.
!