I'd like to urge anyone having strange (or not so strange) problems to run
this program, available free at the Microsoft website. I had a problem with
Outlook that I got no satisfactory answers to in this forum, and after
running the Analyzer, discovered that my computer had been compromised by a
"remote administrator". After following all the suggestions that it gave me,
my computer became stable again.

While that tool is more for a server environment, it certainly won't hurt to
run it on a home system. Link:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/mbsahome.mspx

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Steppenwolf" <aspenbus"@"bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> I'd like to urge anyone having strange (or not so strange) problems to run
> this program, available free at the Microsoft website. I had a problem
> with
> Outlook that I got no satisfactory answers to in this forum, and after
> running the Analyzer, discovered that my computer had been compromised by
> "remote administrator". After following all the suggestions that it gave
> me,
> my computer became stable again.

TRENDING THREADS