How much will 1gig of RAM help a computer?

miecz

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
I just bought a Macbook Pro with 1gig RAM in it. I am thinking of getting abother gig. I am wondering how much of a difference I will see. Anyone know? It boots up in about 30 seconds right now.

TurdBurglar

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
It depends on what you use it for. RAM has little to do with boot time however. Hard drive speed is the most important factor there.

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I just bought a Macbook Pro with 1gig RAM in it. I am thinking of getting abother gig. I am wondering how much of a difference I will see. Anyone know? It boots up in about 30 seconds right now.

I just bought a Toyota Corolla with a 1800cc engine. I am thinking of getting a turbo kit for it. I am wondering how much of a difference I will see. Anyone know? It accelerates to 100 in 7 secs right now.

If you use it for racing you will see a difference.
If you use it for a slow drive around the beach what do you think? Would you see the difference?

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
lol that's mean! your yoda jap mobile will be slow no matter what u do!

extra ram will allow you to open alot more browser windows and run more programs - it helps with gaming too and other things

nevesis

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
Ram wont really improve boot time, but it will improve windows apps and gaming significantly.

Too bad he's on a mac, and wont really see an improvement on windows apps... or games for the matter =]

but, you can never go wrong with more ram

TRENDING THREADS