adding users to shares with scripting

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
October 20, 2004 1:38:42 AM

I have users on two Win2k servers on active directory.
On each system, I need to create NTFS folder shares and add
the users to the share *and* to the directory folder as either
read+execute or read+write+execute.

I need a script which will permit me to add users to
shares with specified permissions. My only requirement
with scripting is that it be command-line only. No pop-ups.
This is because I need to do this over telnet or ssh in a
22x80 command prompt window.

Thanks in advance-

Bill
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 6:26:52 PM

I have not tried it myself but the rmtshare RK tool is supposed to be able
to do that for shares and supposedly works on Windows 2000 also. For folder
permissions you can use cacls, xacls, or fileacl. Cacls is already installed
on all Windows 2000 operating systems. --- Steve

http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/14459/14459.... -- rmtshare
syntax.
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBM/tip6300/rh6353.htm -- rmtshare available here.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;135268