ReadyNAS NV+ or the Synology Cube Station CS-406 ?

MyHeadHurts

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience using any of these 2 devices.

Links to both are as follows:

ReadyNas NV+
Synology Cube Station CS-406

I am currently looking for something to use in conjunction with my HTPC to provide storage/media server functionality to small satellite machines/tv's around the house.

Also looking for any good software that be useful in producing a kind of on demand service to the various pc's/tv combos so that can different things can be watched or listened to in different rooms.

Thanks

Antonq

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2007
I was wondering the same thing. Just came across both products and to me it looks like ReadyNas is the preferred technology.

As far as tying it all together with software you may want to listen to these guys that do a podcast show on Home Theaters. They have lots of great information and the last one they did talked about some Mac software that can catalog and distribute the uploaded movies and music to any device in your home network. There's a good balance of Mac and Windows info.

http://htguys.com/archive/2007/March09.html

Anyone done a performance review of these two devices?

Madwand

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
Anyone done a performance review of these two devices?

TNG/SNB's done at least the NV+. Fakegigabit RAID 5 write performance, a bit better read performance.

Near the top of the class as far as it goes, but this is the special ed class :), and are significantly out-performed by good DIY file servers, albeit with more effort.

TRENDING THREADS