Importing Certificate

Hi
I have a Stand-Alone root CA and I installed a certificate on my OWA 5.5
server
To keep secure my external connection with OWA, I'm trying to import this
certificate on my ISA 2000 server. After exporting the PKI and Certificate
into a pfx file, I wanted to import it in ISA so I opened the Console root,
loaded the certificate snap-in and imported the pfx file into personal
certificate store, but when I looked on the Trusted Root Certification
Authorities, the CA certificate for my Stand-alone CA doesn't appear ...

Any idea?
4 answers Last reply
More about importing certificate

    Hi Mike

    Okay, finally I could import the certificate on ISA (computer local) and
    Microsoft Web Proxy service on ISA. The certificate looks good ... but when
    trying to test the url (https:// ...) , the page is not found.

    From the Web Publishing Rule on the Bridging tab, I'm trying to select the
    SSL web service, but ISA tells me that there is not a certificate installed
    on this machine

    Any idea?

    "Sean" wrote:

    > Hi
    > I have a Stand-Alone root CA and I installed a certificate on my OWA 5.5
    > server
    > To keep secure my external connection with OWA, I'm trying to import this
    > certificate on my ISA 2000 server. After exporting the PKI and Certificate
    > into a pfx file, I wanted to import it in ISA so I opened the Console root,
    > loaded the certificate snap-in and imported the pfx file into personal
    > certificate store, but when I looked on the Trusted Root Certification
    > Authorities, the CA certificate for my Stand-alone CA doesn't appear ...
    >
    > Any idea?

    Hi Sean,

    On your CA server Web Interface go to "Download a CA certificate,
    certificate change or CRL" On next page select Download CA certificate. Save
    it to the file and transfer it to the ISA server (or any client that needs
    to trust certificates issued by this CA). Double click the file (.cer file)
    and follow the wizard. Default values should be OK and after you are done,
    your issued certificate should be trusted by the computer.

    I hope this helps,

    Mike

    "Sean" <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I have a Stand-Alone root CA and I installed a certificate on my OWA 5.5
    > server
    > To keep secure my external connection with OWA, I'm trying to import this
    > certificate on my ISA 2000 server. After exporting the PKI and Certificate
    > into a pfx file, I wanted to import it in ISA so I opened the Console
    root,
    > loaded the certificate snap-in and imported the pfx file into personal
    > certificate store, but when I looked on the Trusted Root Certification
    > Authorities, the CA certificate for my Stand-alone CA doesn't appear ...
    >
    > Any idea?

    Hi,

    Here is guide than can lead you step by step...

    Chapter 2: Configuring ISA Server and Exchange
    Jump to step 4: Configure Your Server Architecture and SSL

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/ISA2kwE2k3/f8717a00-690a-4a0b-b69d-57847a4dca1c.mspx

    Feel free to post back with any additional question. Here is also ISA
    NewsGroup if you help with ISA "microsoft.public.isa.configuration"

    > Hi Mike
    >
    > Okay, finally I could import the certificate on ISA (computer local) and
    > Microsoft Web Proxy service on ISA. The certificate looks good ... but
    when
    > trying to test the url (https:// ...) , the page is not found.
    >
    > From the Web Publishing Rule on the Bridging tab, I'm trying to select the
    > SSL web service, but ISA tells me that there is not a certificate
    installed
    > on this machine
    >
    > Any idea?
    >
    > "Sean" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > > I have a Stand-Alone root CA and I installed a certificate on my OWA 5.5
    > > server
    > > To keep secure my external connection with OWA, I'm trying to import
    this
    > > certificate on my ISA 2000 server. After exporting the PKI and
    Certificate
    > > into a pfx file, I wanted to import it in ISA so I opened the Console
    root,
    > > loaded the certificate snap-in and imported the pfx file into personal
    > > certificate store, but when I looked on the Trusted Root Certification
    > > Authorities, the CA certificate for my Stand-alone CA doesn't appear ...
    > >
    > > Any idea?

    Hi Mike

    I'm not able to run SSL on ISA yet. When trying to hit
    https://server/exchange a "the page cannot be displayed - cannot find server
    or DNS error" message comes up.
    I remove SSL from my web publishing rule and I'm able to hit
    http://server/exchange, so it means that the problem is on SSL.

    By the way, internal users can access OWA by HTTPS protocol. It means that
    the certificate is working well.

    The following are the steps that I've done on ISA and I don't know what else
    make ..
    1. Export the certificate (YES - Export Private Key / PKCS#12 (pfx) Export
    File Format)
    2. Import pfx file into ISA (Console Certificates Local Computer \ Personal
    Certificate and Trusted Root Certificate \ Console Certificate Web Proxy
    Services \ Personal and Trusted Root Certificate
    3. Verify the certificate is active in both local computer and Service
    Accout - YES
    4. Create the Web Publishing Rule (SSL between OWA external client and ISA -
    YES
    SSL between ISA and OWA webserver - YES)
    5. Enabling SSL listeners - YES
    6. Configure listeners individually per IP address:
    Server: Firewall Name
    IP Address: Firewall IP
    Authentication: Integrated
    Server Certificate: Stand-AlondCA's server name

    Any thoughts is welcome ...

    Thanks

    "Miha Pihler" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Here is guide than can lead you step by step...
    >
    > Chapter 2: Configuring ISA Server and Exchange
    > Jump to step 4: Configure Your Server Architecture and SSL
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/ISA2kwE2k3/f8717a00-690a-4a0b-b69d-57847a4dca1c.mspx
    >
    > Feel free to post back with any additional question. Here is also ISA
    > NewsGroup if you help with ISA "microsoft.public.isa.configuration"
    >
    > Mike
    >
    > "Sean" <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi Mike
    > >
    > > Okay, finally I could import the certificate on ISA (computer local) and
    > > Microsoft Web Proxy service on ISA. The certificate looks good ... but
    > when
    > > trying to test the url (https:// ...) , the page is not found.
    > >
    > > From the Web Publishing Rule on the Bridging tab, I'm trying to select the
    > > SSL web service, but ISA tells me that there is not a certificate
    > installed
    > > on this machine
    > >
    > > Any idea?
    > >
    > > "Sean" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi
    > > > I have a Stand-Alone root CA and I installed a certificate on my OWA 5.5
    > > > server
    > > > To keep secure my external connection with OWA, I'm trying to import
    > this
    > > > certificate on my ISA 2000 server. After exporting the PKI and
    > Certificate
    > > > into a pfx file, I wanted to import it in ISA so I opened the Console
    > root,
    > > > loaded the certificate snap-in and imported the pfx file into personal
    > > > certificate store, but when I looked on the Trusted Root Certification
    > > > Authorities, the CA certificate for my Stand-alone CA doesn't appear ...
    > > >
    > > > Any idea?

Security Microsoft Certificate Windows