  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
October 22, 2004 4:37:04 PM

sparatically I have users unable to logon to any of my win2k TS. I have
tried to delete all local profiles as well as the roaming profile and
rebuild, nothing changes, but only for 1 of 200 users this happens once every
3 or 4 months. I have to completely delete any instance of the user's
accounts from the network and re-add them, with a different username......any
idea of what is causing this? I used to think it was because we had a mixed
environment of Win2k TS and NT4 TS w/ Citrix, but currently that is not the
case.
--
Thanks,
Joy

More about : rdp corrupt user profiles

Anonymous
October 23, 2004 2:41:09 AM

What exactly happens? Do they get a particular message?? Does this happen
from all workstations that they try from? One thing to check is that they
still have "allow logon to terminal server" enabled in their user account in
Active Directory Users and Computers. I would also enable auditing of
"account logon" events in Domain Controller Security Policy and "logon"
events on your Terminal Servers and then look in the security log via Event
Viewer on the Terminal Server they try to access and the domain controllers
to see if a failed logon for that user is recorded which may give a reason
why. --- Steve

"Joy" <Joi504@msn.com> wrote in message
> sparatically I have users unable to logon to any of my win2k TS. I have
> tried to delete all local profiles as well as the roaming profile and
> rebuild, nothing changes, but only for 1 of 200 users this happens once
> every
> 3 or 4 months. I have to completely delete any instance of the user's
> accounts from the network and re-add them, with a different
> username......any
> idea of what is causing this? I used to think it was because we had a
> mixed
> environment of Win2k TS and NT4 TS w/ Citrix, but currently that is not
> the
> case.
> --
> Thanks,
> Joy
Anonymous
October 25, 2004 5:02:32 PM

Hi Joy,
I seem to be having the same issue, except i'm running Windows
2003/2000 Domain Comtrollers. Every 2 to 3 months i get another user
that can't login to there account. Plus i can't reset there password.
I get an error stating "The password procedure can not be found" Still
looking for an anwer myself.
!