locked out !!!! Help - home user

Hello,

I am currently locked out of my computer. I ran "Hijack This"
and locked down 'everything' after a "knowledgable" user told me to do
so and now I cannot get back in. I log into the box and it come up
with a icon that says something about user profile and then it comes
back to a login box. But it is not the original login box.. it is the
one that comes up when the system has not been touched and the
screensaver takes over.

Any help is appreciated....

R.P.
15 answers Last reply
More about locked home user

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:59:48 +0000, Zooomer wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am currently locked out of my computer. I ran "Hijack This"
    > and locked down 'everything' after a "knowledgable" user told me to do
    > so and now I cannot get back in. I log into the box and it come up
    > with a icon that says something about user profile and then it comes
    > back to a login box. But it is not the original login box.. it is the
    > one that comes up when the system has not been touched and the
    > screensaver takes over.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated....
    >

    > R.P.

    There is a utility you can use to reset the Administrator password,
    then you can change whatever password you need. Search google for "Reset
    Administrator password Windows 2000" and you will find quite a few
    different sites talking about it. I don't have the link here at home, but
    there one utility that is setup as an iso image you burn it to CD and
    it creates a bootable CD. The iso is only a couple MB in size.

    --
    Ken Dennis
    http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/

    "Ken Dennis" <k-dennis@excite.com> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:59:48 +0000, Zooomer wrote:
    >

    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I am currently locked out of my computer. I ran "Hijack This"
    >> and locked down 'everything' after a "knowledgable" user told me to do
    >> so and now I cannot get back in. I log into the box and it come up
    >> with a icon that says something about user profile and then it comes
    >> back to a login box. But it is not the original login box.. it is the
    >> one that comes up when the system has not been touched and the
    >> screensaver takes over.
    >>
    >> Any help is appreciated....
    >>

    >> R.P.
    >
    > There is a utility you can use to reset the Administrator password,
    > then you can change whatever password you need. Search google for "Reset
    > Administrator password Windows 2000" and you will find quite a few
    > different sites talking about it. I don't have the link here at home, but
    > there one utility that is setup as an iso image you burn it to CD and
    > it creates a bootable CD. The iso is only a couple MB in size.
    >
    > --
    > Ken Dennis
    > http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
    > Various technology related articles and free
    > content for Webmasters.

    to make life easier 4 you. go to my site. www.thedragon.co.uk/downloads its
    on there under security.

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 22:08:47 +0000, Zooomer wrote:

    > Also it is not that I don't have the password.. I DO KNOW THE
    > PASSWORD. It is that when I trie to log in it immediately goes to the
    > "press cntrl alt del " screen to log in.. As opposed to the original
    > login screen when you first put in your password...

    The tool I quoted you in the last message will set your 'new' password to
    whatever you want. Forgotten, or not known at all. You soon will. :)

    --
    Ken Dennis
    http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
    Various technology related articles and free
    content for Webmasters.

    Very novice user here... Is there anyplace where there is an step by
    step description of what is needed. I cannot do the burn of the CD
    because the system that my burner is on is the one I am locked out of.

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:08:19 -0400, Ken Dennis <k-dennis@excite.com>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:59:48 +0000, Zooomer wrote:
    >

    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I am currently locked out of my computer. I ran "Hijack This"
    >> and locked down 'everything' after a "knowledgable" user told me to do
    >> so and now I cannot get back in. I log into the box and it come up
    >> with a icon that says something about user profile and then it comes
    >> back to a login box. But it is not the original login box.. it is the
    >> one that comes up when the system has not been touched and the
    >> screensaver takes over.
    >>
    >> Any help is appreciated....
    >>

    >> R.P.
    >
    >There is a utility you can use to reset the Administrator password,
    >then you can change whatever password you need. Search google for "Reset
    >Administrator password Windows 2000" and you will find quite a few
    >different sites talking about it. I don't have the link here at home, but
    >there one utility that is setup as an iso image you burn it to CD and
    >it creates a bootable CD. The iso is only a couple MB in size.

    > Very novice user here... Is there anyplace where there is an step by
    > step description of what is needed. I cannot do the burn of the CD
    > because the system that my burner is on is the one I am locked out of.

    http://home.eunet.no/%7Epnordahl/ntpasswd/

    There is quite a bit of documentation on that site along with a tool that
    can be put on to diskette, or to bootable cd.

    --
    Ken Dennis
    http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
    Various technology related articles and free
    content for Webmasters.

    Loads VMLINUZ.......

    Then boot fails
    boot failed:please change disks and press a key to continue.

    I was reading the console and I have an aha2920-c scsi controller.
    Scsi drivers come with the software you pointed me to but which set of
    drivers do I use...?

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:03:37 -0400, Ken Dennis <k-dennis@excite.com>
    wrote:

    >> Very novice user here... Is there anyplace where there is an step by
    >> step description of what is needed. I cannot do the burn of the CD
    >> because the system that my burner is on is the one I am locked out of.
    >

    >http://home.eunet.no/%7Epnordahl/ntpasswd/
    >
    >There is quite a bit of documentation on that site along with a tool that
    >can be put on to diskette, or to bootable cd.
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:24:56 +0000, Zooomer wrote:

    > Loads VMLINUZ.......
    >
    > Then boot fails
    > boot failed:please change disks and press a key to continue.
    >
    > I was reading the console and I have an aha2920-c scsi controller.
    > Scsi drivers come with the software you pointed me to but which set of
    > drivers do I use...?

    there is a second file for download that has scsi drivers. if those
    aren't supported there is some information about loading your own scsi
    drivers in the faq.

    --
    Ken Dennis
    http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
    Various technology related articles and free
    content for Webmasters.
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    > On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:24:56 +0000, Zooomer wrote:
    >
    >> Loads VMLINUZ.......
    >>
    >> Then boot fails
    >> boot failed:please change disks and press a key to continue.
    >>
    >> I was reading the console and I have an aha2920-c scsi controller.
    >> Scsi drivers come with the software you pointed me to but which set of
    >> drivers do I use...?
    >
    > there is a second file for download that has scsi drivers. if those
    > aren't supported there is some information about loading your own scsi
    > drivers in the faq.
    >
    > --
    > Ken Dennis
    > http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
    > Various technology related articles and free
    > content for Webmasters.

    or use the CD version, which has a vast array of drivers pre-loaded.
  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    > or use the CD version, which has a vast array of drivers pre-loaded.

    He doesn't have a burner :) He's locked out of that machine. Of course
    he could always just pop the case and pull it.

    --
    Ken Dennis
    http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
    Various technology related articles and free
    content for Webmasters.
  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    >> or use the CD version, which has a vast array of drivers pre-loaded.
    >
    > He doesn't have a burner :) He's locked out of that machine. Of course
    > he could always just pop the case and pull it.
    >
    > --
    > Ken Dennis
    > http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
    > Various technology related articles and free
    > content for Webmasters.

    Or pop round to his mate and burn it.
  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    TheDragon ha scritto:

    > "Ken Dennis" <k-dennis@excite.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>>or use the CD version, which has a vast array of drivers pre-loaded.
    >>
    >>He doesn't have a burner :) He's locked out of that machine. Of course
    >>he could always just pop the case and pull it.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Ken Dennis
    >>http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
    >>Various technology related articles and free
    >>content for Webmasters.
    >>

    > Or pop round to his mate and burn it.

    Hello, if you still have the problem run the SAM repair, without
    emergency repair disk you will loose all created account but you will
    able to log in with the administrator. The default password will be <BLANK>.

    Ciao
    Maurizio
  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    Yes I found a mate and he burned it for me. Now I am at the point
    where I try to load the drivers. I tried to laod individual driver and
    I cannot seem to find the right one so I did the autoprobe and it just
    hangs. That is where I am right now...

    On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:59:09 +0200, Maurizio Teruzzi <mter@ch.ibm.com>
    wrote:

    >TheDragon ha scritto:
    >
    >> "Ken Dennis" <k-dennis@excite.com> wrote in message

    >>>He doesn't have a burner :) He's locked out of that machine. Of course
    >>>he could always just pop the case and pull it.
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Ken Dennis
    >>>http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
    >>>Various technology related articles and free
    >>>content for Webmasters.
    >>>

    >> Or pop round to his mate and burn it.
    >>

    >Hello, if you still have the problem run the SAM repair, without
    >emergency repair disk you will loose all created account but you will
    >able to log in with the administrator. The default password will be <BLANK>.
    >
    >Ciao
    >Maurizio
  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    Format FORMAT Format FORMAT Format FORMAT Format FORMAT Format FORMAT Format
    FORMATFormat FORMAT Format FORMAT Format FORMAT Format FORMAT Format FORMAT
    Format FORMATFormat FORMAT Format FORMAT Format FORMAT Format FORMAT Format
    FORMAT Format FORMAT

    FORMAT Format FORMAT"Ken Dennis" wrote:

    > On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:59:48 +0000, Zooomer wrote:
    >

    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I am currently locked out of my computer. I ran "Hijack This"
    > > and locked down 'everything' after a "knowledgable" user told me to do
    > > so and now I cannot get back in. I log into the box and it come up
    > > with a icon that says something about user profile and then it comes
    > > back to a login box. But it is not the original login box.. it is the
    > > one that comes up when the system has not been touched and the
    > > screensaver takes over.
    > >
    > > Any help is appreciated....
    > >

    > > R.P.
    >
    > There is a utility you can use to reset the Administrator password,
    > then you can change whatever password you need. Search google for "Reset
    > Administrator password Windows 2000" and you will find quite a few
    > different sites talking about it. I don't have the link here at home, but
    > there one utility that is setup as an iso image you burn it to CD and
    > it creates a bootable CD. The iso is only a couple MB in size.
    >
    > --
    > Ken Dennis
    > http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
    > Various technology related articles and free
    > content for Webmasters.

  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    hello.
    the reason why im writing here is because im deseperate trying to find a
    solution to my problem which is :.. my e-mail password has been changed by
    someone as well as my secret answer... so i can no longer login my e-mail or
    messenger program ... i am very upset because i have lost many important
    contacts ... please someone help me out here!!!!!

    "Zooomer" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am currently locked out of my computer. I ran "Hijack This"
    > and locked down 'everything' after a "knowledgable" user told me to do
    > so and now I cannot get back in. I log into the box and it come up
    > with a icon that says something about user profile and then it comes
    > back to a login box. But it is not the original login box.. it is the
    > one that comes up when the system has not been touched and the
    > screensaver takes over.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated....
    >

    > R.P.

  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    Contact your Internet Service Provider and tell them what is going on. They
    are the one's that can help you with your email password. In the future be
    sure to use hard to guess passwords for your email and be very careful on
    what computers you logon to access your email. If you logon to a computer
    that is not your own [which hopefully is secure] it is possible that a
    keyboard logger has been installed on it. --- Steve

    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx -- basic
    steps to help secure your computer.

    ""floru"" <"floru"@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hello.
    > the reason why im writing here is because im deseperate trying to find a
    > solution to my problem which is :.. my e-mail password has been changed by
    > someone as well as my secret answer... so i can no longer login my e-mail
    > or
    > messenger program ... i am very upset because i have lost many
    > important
    > contacts ... please someone help me out here!!!!!
    >
    > "Zooomer" wrote:
    >

    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I am currently locked out of my computer. I ran "Hijack This"
    >> and locked down 'everything' after a "knowledgable" user told me to do
    >> so and now I cannot get back in. I log into the box and it come up
    >> with a icon that says something about user profile and then it comes
    >> back to a login box. But it is not the original login box.. it is the
    >> one that comes up when the system has not been touched and the
    >> screensaver takes over.
    >>
    >> Any help is appreciated....
    >>

    >> R.P.

Windows