locked out !!!! Help - home user

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
October 23, 2004 10:59:48 PM

Hello,

I am currently locked out of my computer. I ran "Hijack This"
and locked down 'everything' after a "knowledgable" user told me to do
so and now I cannot get back in. I log into the box and it come up
with a icon that says something about user profile and then it comes
back to a login box. But it is not the original login box.. it is the
one that comes up when the system has not been touched and the
screensaver takes over.

Any help is appreciated....

R.P.

More about : locked home user

Anonymous
October 23, 2004 10:59:49 PM

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:59:48 +0000, Zooomer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently locked out of my computer. I ran "Hijack This"
> and locked down 'everything' after a "knowledgable" user told me to do
> so and now I cannot get back in. I log into the box and it come up
> with a icon that says something about user profile and then it comes
> back to a login box. But it is not the original login box.. it is the
> one that comes up when the system has not been touched and the
> screensaver takes over.
>
> Any help is appreciated....
>

> R.P.

There is a utility you can use to reset the Administrator password,
then you can change whatever password you need. Search google for "Reset
Administrator password Windows 2000" and you will find quite a few
different sites talking about it. I don't have the link here at home, but
there one utility that is setup as an iso image you burn it to CD and
it creates a bootable CD. The iso is only a couple MB in size.

--
Ken Dennis
http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/

"Ken Dennis" <k-dennis@excite.com> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.10.23.19.08.19.172512@excite.com...
> On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:59:48 +0000, Zooomer wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am currently locked out of my computer. I ran "Hijack This"
>> and locked down 'everything' after a "knowledgable" user told me to do
>> so and now I cannot get back in. I log into the box and it come up
>> with a icon that says something about user profile and then it comes
>> back to a login box. But it is not the original login box.. it is the
>> one that comes up when the system has not been touched and the
>> screensaver takes over.
>>
>> Any help is appreciated....
>>

>> R.P.
>
> There is a utility you can use to reset the Administrator password,
> then you can change whatever password you need. Search google for "Reset
> Administrator password Windows 2000" and you will find quite a few
> different sites talking about it. I don't have the link here at home, but
> there one utility that is setup as an iso image you burn it to CD and
> it creates a bootable CD. The iso is only a couple MB in size.
>
> --
> Ken Dennis
> http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
> Various technology related articles and free
> content for Webmasters.

to make life easier 4 you. go to my site. www.thedragon.co.uk/downloads its
on there under security.
October 24, 2004 1:24:20 AM

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 22:08:47 +0000, Zooomer wrote:

> Also it is not that I don't have the password.. I DO KNOW THE
> PASSWORD. It is that when I trie to log in it immediately goes to the
> "press cntrl alt del " screen to log in.. As opposed to the original
> login screen when you first put in your password...

The tool I quoted you in the last message will set your 'new' password to
whatever you want. Forgotten, or not known at all. You soon will. :)

--
Ken Dennis
http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
Various technology related articles and free
content for Webmasters.
Anonymous
October 24, 2004 1:50:38 AM

Very novice user here... Is there anyplace where there is an step by
step description of what is needed. I cannot do the burn of the CD
because the system that my burner is on is the one I am locked out of.

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:08:19 -0400, Ken Dennis <k-dennis@excite.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:59:48 +0000, Zooomer wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am currently locked out of my computer. I ran "Hijack This"
>> and locked down 'everything' after a "knowledgable" user told me to do
>> so and now I cannot get back in. I log into the box and it come up
>> with a icon that says something about user profile and then it comes
>> back to a login box. But it is not the original login box.. it is the
>> one that comes up when the system has not been touched and the
>> screensaver takes over.
>>
>> Any help is appreciated....
>>

>> R.P.
>
>There is a utility you can use to reset the Administrator password,
>then you can change whatever password you need. Search google for "Reset
>Administrator password Windows 2000" and you will find quite a few
>different sites talking about it. I don't have the link here at home, but
>there one utility that is setup as an iso image you burn it to CD and
>it creates a bootable CD. The iso is only a couple MB in size.
Anonymous
October 24, 2004 1:50:39 AM

> Very novice user here... Is there anyplace where there is an step by
> step description of what is needed. I cannot do the burn of the CD
> because the system that my burner is on is the one I am locked out of.

http://home.eunet.no/%7Epnordahl/ntpasswd/

There is quite a bit of documentation on that site along with a tool that
can be put on to diskette, or to bootable cd.

--
Ken Dennis
http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
Various technology related articles and free
content for Webmasters.
Anonymous
October 24, 2004 3:24:56 AM

Loads VMLINUZ.......

Then boot fails
boot failed:p lease change disks and press a key to continue.

I was reading the console and I have an aha2920-c scsi controller.
Scsi drivers come with the software you pointed me to but which set of
drivers do I use...?

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:03:37 -0400, Ken Dennis <k-dennis@excite.com>
wrote:

>> Very novice user here... Is there anyplace where there is an step by
>> step description of what is needed. I cannot do the burn of the CD
>> because the system that my burner is on is the one I am locked out of.
>

>http://home.eunet.no/%7Epnordahl/ntpasswd/
>
>There is quite a bit of documentation on that site along with a tool that
>can be put on to diskette, or to bootable cd.
Anonymous
October 24, 2004 3:24:57 AM

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:24:56 +0000, Zooomer wrote:

> Loads VMLINUZ.......
>
> Then boot fails
> boot failed:p lease change disks and press a key to continue.
>
> I was reading the console and I have an aha2920-c scsi controller.
> Scsi drivers come with the software you pointed me to but which set of
> drivers do I use...?

there is a second file for download that has scsi drivers. if those
aren't supported there is some information about loading your own scsi
drivers in the faq.

--
Ken Dennis
http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
Various technology related articles and free
content for Webmasters.
Anonymous
October 24, 2004 3:02:26 PM

"Ken Dennis" <k-dennis@excite.com> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.10.23.23.33.21.141521@excite.com...
> On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:24:56 +0000, Zooomer wrote:
>
>> Loads VMLINUZ.......
>>
>> Then boot fails
>> boot failed:p lease change disks and press a key to continue.
>>
>> I was reading the console and I have an aha2920-c scsi controller.
>> Scsi drivers come with the software you pointed me to but which set of
>> drivers do I use...?
>
> there is a second file for download that has scsi drivers. if those
> aren't supported there is some information about loading your own scsi
> drivers in the faq.
>
> --
> Ken Dennis
> http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
> Various technology related articles and free
> content for Webmasters.

or use the CD version, which has a vast array of drivers pre-loaded.
Anonymous
October 24, 2004 3:02:27 PM

> or use the CD version, which has a vast array of drivers pre-loaded.

He doesn't have a burner :)  He's locked out of that machine. Of course
he could always just pop the case and pull it.

--
Ken Dennis
http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
Various technology related articles and free
content for Webmasters.
Anonymous
October 24, 2004 7:38:55 PM

"Ken Dennis" <k-dennis@excite.com> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.10.24.13.17.43.465597@excite.com...

>> or use the CD version, which has a vast array of drivers pre-loaded.
>
> He doesn't have a burner :)  He's locked out of that machine. Of course
> he could always just pop the case and pull it.
>
> --
> Ken Dennis
> http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
> Various technology related articles and free
> content for Webmasters.

Or pop round to his mate and burn it.
Anonymous
October 24, 2004 8:59:09 PM

TheDragon ha scritto:

> "Ken Dennis" <k-dennis@excite.com> wrote in message
> news:p an.2004.10.24.13.17.43.465597@excite.com...
>
>>>or use the CD version, which has a vast array of drivers pre-loaded.
>>
>>He doesn't have a burner :)  He's locked out of that machine. Of course
>>he could always just pop the case and pull it.
>>
>>--
>>Ken Dennis
>>http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
>>Various technology related articles and free
>>content for Webmasters.
>>

> Or pop round to his mate and burn it.

Hello, if you still have the problem run the SAM repair, without
emergency repair disk you will loose all created account but you will
able to log in with the administrator. The default password will be <BLANK>.

Ciao
Maurizio
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 12:33:25 AM

Yes I found a mate and he burned it for me. Now I am at the point
where I try to load the drivers. I tried to laod individual driver and
I cannot seem to find the right one so I did the autoprobe and it just
hangs. That is where I am right now...

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:59:09 +0200, Maurizio Teruzzi <mter@ch.ibm.com>
wrote:

>TheDragon ha scritto:
>
>> "Ken Dennis" <k-dennis@excite.com> wrote in message
>> news:p an.2004.10.24.13.17.43.465597@excite.com...

>>>He doesn't have a burner :)  He's locked out of that machine. Of course
>>>he could always just pop the case and pull it.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Ken Dennis
>>>http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
>>>Various technology related articles and free
>>>content for Webmasters.
>>>

>> Or pop round to his mate and burn it.
>>

>Hello, if you still have the problem run the SAM repair, without
>emergency repair disk you will loose all created account but you will
>able to log in with the administrator. The default password will be <BLANK>.
>
>Ciao
>Maurizio
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 11:14:02 AM

Format FORMAT Format FORMAT Format FORMAT Format FORMAT Format FORMAT Format
FORMATFormat FORMAT Format FORMAT Format FORMAT Format FORMAT Format FORMAT
Format FORMATFormat FORMAT Format FORMAT Format FORMAT Format FORMAT Format
FORMAT Format FORMAT

FORMAT Format FORMAT"Ken Dennis" wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:59:48 +0000, Zooomer wrote:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > I am currently locked out of my computer. I ran "Hijack This"
> > and locked down 'everything' after a "knowledgable" user told me to do
> > so and now I cannot get back in. I log into the box and it come up
> > with a icon that says something about user profile and then it comes
> > back to a login box. But it is not the original login box.. it is the
> > one that comes up when the system has not been touched and the
> > screensaver takes over.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated....
> >

> > R.P.
>
> There is a utility you can use to reset the Administrator password,
> then you can change whatever password you need. Search google for "Reset
> Administrator password Windows 2000" and you will find quite a few
> different sites talking about it. I don't have the link here at home, but
> there one utility that is setup as an iso image you burn it to CD and
> it creates a bootable CD. The iso is only a couple MB in size.
>
> --
> Ken Dennis
> http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net/
> Various technology related articles and free
> content for Webmasters.

Anonymous
November 4, 2004 9:16:01 PM

hello.
the reason why im writing here is because im deseperate trying to find a
solution to my problem which is :.. my e-mail password has been changed by
someone as well as my secret answer... so i can no longer login my e-mail or
messenger program ... i am very upset because i have lost many important
contacts ... please someone help me out here!!!!!

"Zooomer" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently locked out of my computer. I ran "Hijack This"
> and locked down 'everything' after a "knowledgable" user told me to do
> so and now I cannot get back in. I log into the box and it come up
> with a icon that says something about user profile and then it comes
> back to a login box. But it is not the original login box.. it is the
> one that comes up when the system has not been touched and the
> screensaver takes over.
>
> Any help is appreciated....
>

> R.P.

Anonymous
November 5, 2004 8:18:29 AM

Contact your Internet Service Provider and tell them what is going on. They
are the one's that can help you with your email password. In the future be
sure to use hard to guess passwords for your email and be very careful on
what computers you logon to access your email. If you logon to a computer
that is not your own [which hopefully is secure] it is possible that a
keyboard logger has been installed on it. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/defaul... -- basic
steps to help secure your computer.

!