looking into 42 or 46 hdtv RPT

I am looking into getting a 42 or 46 inch rear projection hdtv. The TV
will be used for DVD, XBox, and directv tivo ( dont have HD source yet)

I have a couple concerns however.

1: The tv needs to be able to display 4:3 source DVD I have read that some
models dont display them correct.

2: It should be able be used for XBox with minimal burn in issues.

I am considering the Toshiba 46H84 and Hitachi 46F500. I havent been able
to find reviews regarding these issues so if anyone has an idea on where
to look or post here I would be grateful.

thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about looking hdtv

    snipper wrote:
    <snip>
    > I have a couple concerns however.
    >
    > 1: The tv needs to be able to display 4:3 source DVD I have read that some
    > models dont display them correct.
    >
    > 2: It should be able be used for XBox with minimal burn in issues.
    >
    > I am considering the Toshiba 46H84 and Hitachi 46F500. I havent been able
    > to find reviews regarding these issues so if anyone has an idea on where
    > to look or post here I would be grateful.

    Instead of asking for reviews, I think you should try to find out
    directly from the manufacturers. Check their websites and online users
    manuals. If that doesn't work, try sending them an email or calling
    them. Consider it an excellent opportunity to learn first hand about
    their level of pre-sales customer support.

HDTV TV Home Theatre