permissions

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
October 24, 2004 6:35:02 PM

i am running windows 2000 server and am responsible for running a mixture of
win9k 2k and XP clients. I have approximately 1000 home folders and out of
those i want to add 1 group to had read, read and execute & list folder
content for a specific group on 600 home folders.

My question is is there a tool that allows me to do this saving me hours in
doing this manually?

More about : permissions

Anonymous
October 25, 2004 3:56:14 AM

salvsaia ha scritto:
> i am running windows 2000 server and am responsible for running a mixture of
> win9k 2k and XP clients. I have approximately 1000 home folders and out of
> those i want to add 1 group to had read, read and execute & list folder
> content for a specific group on 600 home folders.
>
> My question is is there a tool that allows me to do this saving me hours in
> doing this manually?

Hello,

I suggest hyena or DMvare to you, there are a very big tools.

Ciao
Maurizio
Anonymous
October 25, 2004 4:03:02 PM

Yes, sure. User the FILEACL.exe command line tool to make a script to do this
task.

FILEACL.exe \\server\Users /S <YOUR DOMAIN>\%username%:R /S <YOUR
DOMAIN>\ADMINISTRATOR:F /protect --->>> This command will put read
permissions to the current user on the \\server\user folder and full control
to administrators on the same folder.

FILEACL.exe \\server\Users\%username% /S <YOUR DOMAIN>\%username%:RWXD /S
<YOUR DOMAIN>\ADMINISTRATOR:F /protect /replace --->>>This command will give
read/write to users on their folders and fullcontrol to the administrators.

Download this command line tool on the following link
"http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...".

Study the other switchs of the FILEACL.EXE, it is a very nice tool.

!