permissions

i am running windows 2000 server and am responsible for running a mixture of
win9k 2k and XP clients. I have approximately 1000 home folders and out of
those i want to add 1 group to had read, read and execute & list folder
content for a specific group on 600 home folders.

My question is is there a tool that allows me to do this saving me hours in
doing this manually?
2 answers Last reply
More about permissions

    salvsaia ha scritto:
    > i am running windows 2000 server and am responsible for running a mixture of
    > win9k 2k and XP clients. I have approximately 1000 home folders and out of
    > those i want to add 1 group to had read, read and execute & list folder
    > content for a specific group on 600 home folders.
    >
    > My question is is there a tool that allows me to do this saving me hours in
    > doing this manually?

    Hello,

    I suggest hyena or DMvare to you, there are a very big tools.

    Ciao
    Maurizio

    Yes, sure. User the FILEACL.exe command line tool to make a script to do this
    task.

    FILEACL.exe \\server\Users /S <YOUR DOMAIN>\%username%:R /S <YOUR
    DOMAIN>\ADMINISTRATOR:F /protect --->>> This command will put read
    permissions to the current user on the \\server\user folder and full control
    to administrators on the same folder.

    FILEACL.exe \\server\Users\%username% /S <YOUR DOMAIN>\%username%:RWXD /S
    <YOUR DOMAIN>\ADMINISTRATOR:F /protect /replace --->>>This command will give
    read/write to users on their folders and fullcontrol to the administrators.

    Download this command line tool on the following link
    "http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=723f64ea-34f0-4e6d-9a72-004d35de4e64&DisplayLang=en".

    Study the other switchs of the FILEACL.EXE, it is a very nice tool.

    "salvsaia" wrote:

    > i am running windows 2000 server and am responsible for running a mixture of
    > win9k 2k and XP clients. I have approximately 1000 home folders and out of
    > those i want to add 1 group to had read, read and execute & list folder
    > content for a specific group on 600 home folders.
    >
    > My question is is there a tool that allows me to do this saving me hours in
    > doing this manually?

Windows 2000 Permissions Windows