What certificate template do i use for HP ILO device

Hello,

I have HP servers with a ILO card in it. Now i want to certify them
into my ms certification authority. The question is what template do i
have to use to correctly certify the ILO device.

Thanks for your input.

Ernst

I don't know what ILO is. Can you elaborate what they do and I can try to
help?

--

David B. Cross [MS]

http://support.microsoft.com

"Ernst te Brake" <ernst.te.brake@icn.nl> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have HP servers with a ILO card in it. Now i want to certify them
> into my ms certification authority. The question is what template do i
> have to use to correctly certify the ILO device.
>
> Thanks for your input.
>
> Ernst

In article <ulAVw1ouEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, in the
microsoft.public.win2000.security news group, David Cross [MS]
<dcross@online.microsoft.com> says...

> I don't know what ILO is. Can you elaborate what they do and I can try to
> help?

Integrated lights out. Basically a card that allows remote console
access even when the OS isn't running.

The documentation for the card should indicate what type of certificate
needs to be used. If the OP can provide that info, there is more than
likely an existing template that can be either used as is, or can be
duplicated and modified as required.

--
Paul Adare
rights.

Paul Adare - MVP - Microsoft Virtual PC <padare@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1be6bf36b189dd1e989b00@msnews.microsoft.com>...
> In article <ulAVw1ouEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, in the
> microsoft.public.win2000.security news group, David Cross [MS]
> <dcross@online.microsoft.com> says...
>
> > I don't know what ILO is. Can you elaborate what they do and I can try to
> > help?
> >

> Integrated lights out. Basically a card that allows remote console
> access even when the OS isn't running.
>
> The documentation for the card should indicate what type of certificate
> needs to be used. If the OP can provide that info, there is more than
> likely an existing template that can be either used as is, or can be
> duplicated and modified as required.

Thanks for the extra explanation. I checked the documentation and
found nothing, but tryed different templates. The template needed is a
web-server, but due to an error in the firmware it did not accept the
certificate. Upgraded the firmware to version 1.6 and it worked fine.

So for all users who want to certify there ilo (integrated lights out)
card with a certificate made by an external authority (not HP) upgrade
your firmware to the latest version (min 1.6 for ilo2 cards) and it
will work as it schould.

Thanks for all thoughts and input.

Ernst.