Restriction of log-in

Dear Friends,

We have a Windows NT network in our office with about 80 computers
networked.

Any user logging in to this network also automatically gets logged in to
another server running Citrix MetaFrame XP in which we have installed our
core business application.

Each of the computer in the network has a unique IP.

As of now, a user can login to the server from any machine in the network.

We would like to restict each user to login only from his specific machine -
that is restriction of log-in from a specific IP, both to the windows NT
server and also to the Citrix MetaFrame XP server.

Kindly advise how we can achieve this.

Regards
R. Sathyamurthy
Muscat, Oman

In each user's account properties, go to the "Log on to" section, click the
"Only these workstations" radio button, and enter the NetBIOS name of their
individual workstation. This will ensure that they can only log onto the
Windows workstations that you specify. You'll probably need to specify the
NetBIOS name of the Citrix machine as well.

--
*****************
Laura E. Hunter - MVP
"Murthy" <samaruna@omantel.net.om> wrote in message
> Dear Friends,
>
> We have a Windows NT network in our office with about 80 computers
> networked.
>
> Any user logging in to this network also automatically gets logged in to
> another server running Citrix MetaFrame XP in which we have installed our
> core business application.
>
> Each of the computer in the network has a unique IP.
>
> As of now, a user can login to the server from any machine in the network.
>
> We would like to restict each user to login only from his specific
> machine -
> that is restriction of log-in from a specific IP, both to the windows NT
> server and also to the Citrix MetaFrame XP server.
>
> Kindly advise how we can achieve this.
>
> Regards
> R. Sathyamurthy
> Muscat, Oman

Hello Laura,

Thanks a lot. Your advise worked.

Regards
R. Sathyamurthy

"Laura E. Hunter (MVP)" <hunter(nospamplease)> wrote in message
> In each user's account properties, go to the "Log on to" section, click
the

Hi Laura,

This solved my problem.

I was away on work and hence could not reply to you immediately.

Regards
R. Sathyamurthy
Muscat, Oman